Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you dispute a report of abuse? Why does Facebook penalise with prejudice?

2 posters

Go down

How do you dispute a report of abuse? Why does Facebook penalise with prejudice? Empty How do you dispute a report of abuse? Why does Facebook penalise with prejudice?

Post by Jerre Lien Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:09 pm

I have encountered a case of a (Never-added) friend of my spouse who reported to Facebook with false accusations of abuse against me and then blocked me. I later found her message in my spouse's facebook that she already made a report. So consequently, from then on, facebook started giving me warnings for adding friends. Now whenever I tried to add any of my GENUINE old friends from primary and secondary school 10-20 years ago, I always get a warning. As of today, I've been given a penalty of 2 days by FACEBOOK to prevent me from adding more friends. What is the meaning of this? When I sign back in, I'm forced to click on a box to delete all "awaiting friends confirmation" which you can imagine after spending hours finding friends and then u have to delete without knowing who haven't added you? And then another window pops up and you are forced to click "I UNDERSTAND". Otherwise you cannot login until you comply. If facebook is about finding friends and famillies and then facebook tries to prevent you from doing so, I think its just a slap in the face for FACEBOOK. Why encourage more friends to add to your account & giving all kinds of facilities like "u have 20+(e.g. number of) mutual friends with this person" click Add, or Add friends from "search for friends via hotmail, yahoo, etc, twitter". I think this is totally nonsense and ridiculous for Facebook to comply with people whose intent is to falsely report abuse with intent to shutdown or disable innocent user accounts like mine. IMAGINE THIS: If I click on "REPORT ABUSE" and state your Username not once but twice or more, ur Username a/c will soon be invalid! REASON: Because the user who reported you MADE IT SO!!
Therefore I have joined this forum to voice out my complaints because there are no options in Facebook to do so. So I hope I can get a good answer and perhaps help many users like me get a fair chance to dispute the above "Title of the topic"
Jerre Lien
Jerre Lien

Back to top Go down

How do you dispute a report of abuse? Why does Facebook penalise with prejudice? Empty Re: How do you dispute a report of abuse? Why does Facebook penalise with prejudice?

Post by Admin Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Hello!

You haven't replied to your topic for over a week. Do you still need help with it? In order to keep the Help section fresh, we need to know if your problem was solved, or if you still need help with it. If you don't reply within the next 3 days, we'll assume your issue was solved.

Thanks!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down