Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot be found

4 posters

Go down

Cannot be found Empty Cannot be found

Post by xxnrk Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Hello,

I have a similar problems: if I or someone are searching for me using first name and last name I am not appearing in the list. In Connecting on Facebook / View settings / Search for you on facebook I chose everyone. As I understand everyone should see me when searching, but this is not the case. (Incidentally, there is a lock next to everyone, but I don't know whether it has any meaning. I reported this issue at Facebook help, but so far I received no answer.

A friend of mine has a related problem. Her profile can be found by search. However, if one adds a location then the search yields nothing even though the location is visible to everyone.

Could someone help with these questions? Thanks a lot!
xxnrk
xxnrk
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Cannot be found Empty Re: Cannot be found

Post by Ruby Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Post split from other topic in this section; please do not post on a topic that is not yours unless you are offering help

You say you have reported this problem to Facebook..on what email address of Facebook please ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by xxnrk Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:06 pm

I used the form

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and submitted a screenshot.

I was referred to this form from the question "I am not appearing in search results when I search for my own name" in the Help Section of Facebook.

Thanks
xxnrk
xxnrk
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:22 am

Hello,

How long has it been since you submitted your email to Facebook?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xxnrk Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Hello Tim,

sorry I wasn't on the forum for the past two days. I tried to send you a PM, but I could not - this is the message I received: "You haven't reached the post limit for sending private messages."

I think I submitted my email to Facebook on January 3, when I posted the problem on the forum. Incidentally, I've checked the search again today, and everything seems to be ok now: I appear on the list when I search for my first name, last name, and I am listed when I enter my current location. I just don't understand why this did not work on January 3 and a couple of days after. I don't think I changed any settings in the meanwhile.

Thanks
xxnrk
xxnrk
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:15 pm

xxnrk wrote:Hello Tim,

I tried to send you a PM, but I could not - this is the message I received: "You haven't reached the post limit for sending private messages."

Mod Note; why do you seek to send a PM when all discussion is done on forum ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by xxnrk Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:52 pm

See Tim's note above - he explicitly write "... Drop me a PM". That was the only reason why I tried to send a PM.
xxnrk
xxnrk
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:04 pm

xxnrk wrote:See Tim's note above - he explicitly write "... Drop me a PM". That was the only reason why I tried to send a PM.

I think you have taken the 'note' he has put out of context? If you note I was helping you then Tim came into the thread ;that said I will discuss this error of 'information' with Tim

We do not appreciate PM's except when specifically requested by the Staff Member and then only in exceptional circumstances....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:37 pm

The link in my signature, which read 'Helping you, (username), and no reply from me after two days? Drop me a PM' was meant to say that if I didn't reply to a thread after the specified amount of time to let me know via PM, as I may have missed it since I do get plenty of emails daily.

However, since that signature has caused confusion more than once on previous occassions, I will remove it shortly.

Now back on topic..so it seems to work now? Perhaps it was just a temporary Facebook glitch with their search engine Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xxnrk Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:15 am

Thank you for clarification.

Back to the topic.

1. Search by First Name, Last Name is working well now, the problem has disappeared.

2. When I filter by location usually the search works well, but there are occasions when it does not work. E.g. today in the morning I tried this search 5 times within ca. one hour: 3 times it worked well, but 2 times the search showed nothing. I did not change any settings between different tries.

3. Filtering by education never works for me. ("See your education and work" is set to "Everyone" in the privacy settings.) Please, advise me whether I should open another discussion with this point since this is was not mentioned in my original question.
xxnrk
xxnrk
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:30 am

Seems like it's a bug with the Facebook engine, hopefully FB will get to your query soon. Are others able to search for you using those methods?

xxnrk wrote:Please, advise me whether I should open another discussion with this point since this is was not mentioned in my original question. .
It's fine; we can discuss it here too, since it's still related to your problem Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xxnrk Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks, hopefully the problem will get fixed. I also asked a friend of mine to search for me, but she experienced similar problems: the same search yields different results.

It is my impression that the first time the search usually works well, but when the same search is repeated several times it gets worse. However, this is only a speculation on my side.
xxnrk
xxnrk
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi,

Just a quick checkup to see how the problem is progressing? Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xxnrk Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks. I've just checked: the search by first name, last name works. If I add location it also works. I would close this topic.
xxnrk
xxnrk
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks for your feedback!

Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down