Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convert personal page to business page

2 posters

Go down

Convert personal page to business page Empty Convert personal page to business page

Post by kimolive Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:13 pm

I have created additional pages from my personal page that should be a business (fan) page. What happens to those pages once I convert my personal page to a business page? Technically, I don't even have a business, but it's just not a real personal page.

Thanks,

Kim

kimolive
kimolive
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Convert personal page to business page Empty Re: Convert personal page to business page

Post by Admin Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Moved from General to Pages Help.

If you do that, you'll lose your rights for all the other pages you manage.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Convert personal page to business page Empty Re: Convert personal page to business page

Post by kimolive Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Is there anything I can do to save the pages? If I add other admins will that make any difference?
kimolive
kimolive
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:57 pm

You could create a dummy profile and then add it as an admin on all those remaining pages. Then, anytime you'd need to access your page's admin page, you'd have to login with your dummy account details.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimolive Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:41 am

Okay, what I have done is made my personal page (Kim Olive) as an admin on all of my pages. The one I have to convert is Fort Benning Area Guide. I have got over 4,150 friends & my page is very interactive. I hate to convert it, but I don't want facebook deleting it before I get a chance.

When I do convert it, my friends will automatically LIKE the business page, right? My friends message me on a regular basis as well as the chat thing. I could care less about chat, but I hate to lose the ability to message. I can give them my email address. Do you have any other suggestions?

How easy is it to get people to LIKE your page? Sorry for all the questions, but I am a nervous wreck about this conversion process.

Thanks,

Kim Olive
kimolive
kimolive
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:13 pm

If I were you, I wouldn't convert your profile unless you really want it to be a page. Otherwise, don't. I've seen other people regretting having done that (because of losing profile rights, having problems while converting, etc.) and it's really hard to revert it as you need Facebook's approval for that.

Facebook won't delete your profile just because it doesn't represent a person but an organization. I've seen many, many people doing the exact same thing and they have never had their profiles disabled.

Anyways, if you do the conversion, your friends would be automatically turned into your page's fans/likers (meaning they'd automatically like your page after the conversion). However, I repeat: other people have had problems with that and ended up with no fans at all. I don't remember if Facebook fixed that or not, but it's still a good reason why not to do it. Do it at your own risk.

And yes, you'd lose the rights to message them and chat with them, as only profiles can do that. They could still post and comment on your page, though, or, as you said, contact you through your e-mail address, outside of Facebook.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimolive Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:46 pm

I have just been told facebook will delete it if I don't convert it. I would hate to wake up & it be gone. I will have a lot of frustrated friends if that happened. I have been told by several people that I am violating the facebook rules.
kimolive
kimolive
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:57 pm

I have just been told facebook will delete it if I don't convert it.
Where? Can we have a copy of that message, please?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimolive Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:51 pm

lol, that is what I have been told since I am violating facebook rules and mostly by people who want to charge me a fee to "help" with the conversion. This is a website that I have been referred to...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was told this is the reason Robert Gibbs was hired by facebook....to put a public face on cracking down on facebook pages created incorrectly.

kimolive
kimolive
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down