Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linked / Tagged a friend in my status but didn't appear in friend's profile

3 posters

Go down

Linked / Tagged a friend in my status but didn't appear in friend's profile Empty Linked / Tagged a friend in my status but didn't appear in friend's profile

Post by cielvole Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:55 am

I linked / tagged my friend in my status using @. It appeared perfectly fine in my profile. However, when I checked my friend's profile it didn't appear on his wall. My friend didn'tr remove the tag, the post just didn't appear. I tried tagging him again in a new status but it still didn't appear. Why is that? When I tag my other friends, it appears on their profile. Only that particular friend doesn't. Is that possible? How so? Thanks!
cielvole
cielvole
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Linked / Tagged a friend in my status but didn't appear in friend's profile Empty Re: Linked / Tagged a friend in my status but didn't appear in friend's profile

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:21 am

Are his friends allowed to post on his wall? Is his name blue & hyperlinked?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Linked / Tagged a friend in my status but didn't appear in friend's profile Empty Re: Linked / Tagged a friend in my status but didn't appear in friend's profile

Post by cielvole Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:46 am

Yes friends are allowed to post on his wall. And his name is also in blue and hyperlinked.
cielvole
cielvole
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:50 am

Could you please try tagging another friend of yours and see if you get the same result? Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cielvole Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:57 am

I did that already with my other friends but the result is different. It appears on their wall. That is why I keep wondering how come it doesn't appear on his wall. Sad Is there a sepcific privacy setting in facebook that could do that?
cielvole
cielvole
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:21 am

Are you sure it isn't in his "Just Friends" filter, in case he's filtered his wall? Could you test tagging him yet once again just to see if it happens again, please? Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cielvole Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:50 am

I haven't tried checking the filters. But I did try posting again and tagging him but still it didn't appear. How would I work on the filters?
cielvole
cielvole
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:00 am

Below the 'Write something...' text box, you'll see something like [Name] + Friends, Just [Name] and Just Friends. Click on the 3rd one Happy Eyes
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cielvole Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:06 am

where exactly is that located in the new facebook profile? i'm quite confused. :s
cielvole
cielvole
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cielvole Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:08 am

I only see the write something box but no [name] + friends options.
cielvole
cielvole
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:12 am

Oops, sorry! Forgot about the new layout... Facebook removed the filter in the last update.

Can I have the link to his profile, please? Also, on his profile, click the "See Friendship" link at the right... can you see the post in there?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cielvole Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:48 am

I could give you the link to is profile but it's on private. Only friends can view his wall. When I tried the see friendship link, the post with the tag didn't appear there but the other posts direct to his wall did.
cielvole
cielvole
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:55 am

You can PM (Private Message) me the link by clicking on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] icon on the right side. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:01 am

^ Received it. Thanks! Very Happy

Try accessing his profile with the following links. Can you see the tagged post in any of them?

Don't worry, they're hidden! Only you and me can view them Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cielvole Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:09 am

No. I still can't view the post there.
cielvole
cielvole
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:11 am

Then it's definitely a privacy and not a display bug. Make sure he has the following Privacy Settings set to Only Friends:

Friends can post on my Wall (Enable)
Can see Wall posts by friends

Also, would you mind sharing a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of his profile? You may censor the parts that are 'private' or PM it to me instead Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cielvole Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:14 am

I think those two are both set on enable. For I can post on his wall and I can see wall posts by his friends. Is it possible that the post would not appear on his wall if the person who tagged him is blocked from posting on his wall?
cielvole
cielvole
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 am

cielvole wrote:Is it possible that the post would not appear on his wall if the person who tagged him is blocked from posting on his wall?

Based on previous tests, yes, that's actually possible Happy Eyes But we're just checking what privacy setting is bugging us Tongue Let me know when you get the screenshot Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:03 am

Moved from Profile support to AR
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down