Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new profile changed without my permission

3 posters

Go down

new profile changed without my permission Empty new profile changed without my permission

Post by radost65@yahoo.ca Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:45 am

I did not change to the new profile. Why did it change without me doing it? I really dont like it and i dont like that my pix are showing without clicking on photos. What happened?? I wont old one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
radost65@yahoo.ca
radost65@yahoo.ca

Back to top Go down

new profile changed without my permission Empty Re: new profile changed without my permission

Post by Tim Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:20 am

Moved to Profile support.( ?From where please?)

In addition, please do not post with excessive exclamation marks as this can be annoying.[/color]

Facebook is slowly phasing in the new profile for everyone. Unfortunately, unless they change their mind we will have to stick with it.

Last edited by Ruby on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moved from where?)
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

new profile changed without my permission Empty Re: new profile changed without my permission

Post by Admin Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:21 am

Tim wrote:Facebook is slowly phasing in the new profile for everyone. Unfortunately, unless they change their mind we will have to stick with it.

Exactly. Facebook offered some people to upgrade to the new profile early. So as I told many people that were complaining here before, the update was inminent.

I'm sorry, but Facebook won't change it back, in my opinion. Even though some people dislike it (not really dislike it, but can't get used to something new that fast), they won't throw months of planning, coding and testing to the garbage. I believe they should let people choose their layout, though.

I myself have switched to it early about a month ago; at first it was hard to use, but now it's not. It's even as navigable as the old profile. I think you will also get used to it if you give it a chance.

Now to avoid problems with angry people disliking the new profile and threatening to hack Facebook, leave Facebook, curse at them, kidnap Zuckerberg's sister or whatever (because we have had people like that before!), if this topic turns into a flame war, it will be locked and considered as solved without further notice Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm

The Listener wrote:I believe they should let people choose their layout, though.

Agreed. I'll probably miss the old layout too, but a new fresh look will be...well, fresh. I'm sure we'll all get used to it, just like with the many other changes Facebook has made as the site expanded.

Edit: Oh, I just got the new layout too. Cool.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down