Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My username, email, password, & profile have been changed

2 posters

Go down

My username, email, password, & profile have been changed Empty My username, email, password, & profile have been changed

Post by Erick W. Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:55 pm

I've been locked out of my account. Somehow my account was hacked and the email address, password, User Name, & profile pic were all changed. My personal information was also changed. All of my photo albums were removed and my personal information. The only thing that remains are the pics I'm tagged in and my friends list.

I DID NOT receive ANY email at all about the change to the email address or password but somehow they were both changed. When I use the "reset password" option, it lists t********1@y*******.c** as the email address. I have NO idea where that came from. I'm sure the "*" are hiding the actual email address but somehow it was changed without my knowledge or notification. Someone has found a way to do this without the emails being sent (I've seen others report the same issue).

At this time, I cannot login to my facebook account and there is no way I can read any emails from facebook since the email address has been changed on the account. If I use my password, I see the screen that says I'm using an old password.

I've tried the "Three Friends" method but it fails with a "too many attempts to change password" error. I have no idea on how I'm going to get my account back.

My computer is an IMac running OSX 10.5.8. I'm accessing the internet via safari

I've filled out forms to facebook to notify them of the issue but the forms I filled say "They will not respond to the issue. It will be used to enhance their program for the future." Well that just sucks. How are you suppose to get in touch with someone to solve the issue? Hence, that is why I'm posting here.

Can anyone offer assistance?

Erick
Erick W.
Erick W.

Back to top Go down

My username, email, password, & profile have been changed Empty Re: My username, email, password, & profile have been changed

Post by Ruby Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:43 am

Unless I overlooked it, you do not tell us what the antivirus program is you have on the Mac computer and when you last ran a full computer scan for infections ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down