Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

account temporarily diasabled

2 posters

Go down

account temporarily diasabled Empty Problems accessing Facebook

Post by ankushrag Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:40 am

Even i am facing the exact same problem. Its been more than a week & still waiting for fb to reply.
I got an automated reply from fb asking me to :-
1. Confirm my identity.
2. Confirm the ownership of my account.
3. Description of the problem.
i 've sent at least a dozen of mails to them & is still awaiting reply.
Am i missing something here or is it usual to take this amount of time?please help.
ankushrag
ankushrag
Prospect

Back to top Go down

account temporarily diasabled Empty Re: account temporarily diasabled

Post by Ruby Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:00 am

Even i am facing the exact same problem. Its been more than a week & still waiting for fb to reply.

Post split from other thread in this section; please do not post your problem on someone else's thread, plus you do not have the 'exact same problem' as anyone else; you are not on the same computer nor the same Facebook account so it is not the 'exact same problem'

Am i missing something here or is it usual to take this amount of time

You tell us nothing about why you are in this situation in the first place so please tell us that to start with ....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

account temporarily diasabled Empty account temporarily diasabled

Post by ankushrag Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:19 am

About a two weeks someone hacked into my fb account. I do not know if it was a "friend" or a hacker. To that point I didn't know how they got my password, he also added his email id to my fb account along with my original ones. SO, i tried to reset my password but I only used to get notifications(no confirmation code) on my primary email ids which were attached to the facebook account, so I requested to cancel the account recovery process & that my account be temporarily disabled until I figured out for sure.
I got an email from facebook which asked me three details :- 1. to confirm my identity,2.to confirm that i own the email account. 3.to give description of my problem.

I have replied to them several times but facebook hasn't responded. It's been 13 full days now. I can't identify my account to recover it because it doesn't show up (https://www.facebook.com/recover.php?locale=en_GB)

Is this everything I should be doing different?
Thanks.
ankushrag
ankushrag
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 am

I have merged your two topics; why did you start two threads on the same problem?

As to getting answers from Facebook.... if you read many other threads on here ....have you White-listed all Facebook Email addresses? Have you checked in your Spam/junk email section for any Facebook emails?

One assumes you still have access to and can still send and receive emails using the email address you have associated with Facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ankushrag Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:14 am

I apologize, but I couldn't see my earlier post.
Coming back to the problem,yes I 've whitelisted @fb.com & @facebook.com already. I 'Ve also checked spam folder. & yes, I can access my email address associated with facebook.
ankushrag
ankushrag
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:48 pm

You need to go to your email account and White list any all all possible email addresses from Facebook ; I use Mailwasher to scrutinise my emails so 'miss nothing' ; my suspicion is the email is there but you have not ''permitted' that email address that Facebook has used....[u]
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ankushrag Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:56 am

I think I 've whitelisted them.still is there any official list of email addresses or somthing so that I can check that individually?
One more thing,was I supposed to send them my Photo ID proof when they asked me to confirm
My identity?
ankushrag
ankushrag
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ankushrag Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:59 am

This is the email content that I got from fb

Hi,

We have received your inquiry regarding your Facebook account. Please reply to this email with the following information:

1. Confirm that you are the owner of the account referenced in your original inquiry.
2. Confirm that you own the email address from which you are currently writing.
3. Provide a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.

We will require this information before we can assist you further. In the meantime, please do not create another account using this email address. In the event that we are able to grant you access to your original account, any new account content will be lost.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team
ankushrag
ankushrag
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 am

ankushrag wrote:This is the email content that I got from fb

Hi,

We have received your inquiry regarding your Facebook account. Please reply to this email with the following information:

1. Confirm that you are the owner of the account referenced in your original inquiry.
2. Confirm that you own the email address from which you are currently writing.
3. Provide a brief description of the issue you are experiencing.

We will require this information before we can assist you further. In the meantime, please do not create another account using this email address. In the event that we are able to grant you access to your original account, any new account content will be lost.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team

so...you have had an email from them? We assume you replied to it?

Then, if you have given them the information they require...you wait........
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ankushrag Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:30 am

Well, I got this mail two weeks back!I 've replied to this very mail only more than 10 times & is still awaiting any response from facebook!
I think u dint read my first post properly.please go through it once.
Thanks
ankushrag
ankushrag
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:38 pm

ankushrag wrote:Well, I got this mail two weeks back!I 've replied to this very mail only more than 10 times & is still awaiting any response from facebook!

Thanks

Why are you badgering Facebook for a reply? If you keep doing this they will take you as a spammer and 'ignore' you ....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 am

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume your problem was solved , and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down