Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private Mail, Posts Not Showing and more. . . . .

3 posters

Go down

Private Mail, Posts Not Showing and more. . . . . Empty Private Mail, Posts Not Showing and more. . . . .

Post by wrdmtn Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:02 pm

Hey everybody,

I'm so glad I found these forums, over the past week or so I've been having a few issues with my Facebook "Business" fan page.

I'm a photographer and use it to showcase some work, my first issue popped up last week, I done as I usually do and added a few photos from a recent session and noticed for the first time ever a little icon between date and the like/share/comment links that says "Only Me" . . . . Can someone please tell me what that means, I'm worried that it is hiding my photos from being seen by potential customers.

The second problem has only been brought to me attention today, I cannot see a post that was made on my wall when I have the tab "martin ward photography + others" selected by I can see it when I have "just others" selected.

The next problem is to do with that post, a person who is friends with me and also a fan of my page says that she can't send me a private mail or suggest my page to her friends . . . .

I really don't know what is going on, I haven't changed the permissions on my account since I created the page.

Look forward to any help possible.

wrdmtn
wrdmtn
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Private Mail, Posts Not Showing and more. . . . . Empty Re: Private Mail, Posts Not Showing and more. . . . .

Post by Admin Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 pm

1. I believe the "Only Me" could be a new setting to set that particular picture not visible to fans, but I'm not sure. I couldn't reproduce the problem, mind taking a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?

2. That happens on your Fan Page's Wall, right? The new profile has deleted filters. Who's the author of that post, you or a fan? Please leave the link to your page too.

3. "Private Mail" = Message on Facebook? Are you using the new Messages interface yet?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Private Mail, Posts Not Showing and more. . . . . Empty Re: Private Mail, Posts Not Showing and more. . . . .

Post by wrdmtn Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Here is the link to my own page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The post was left by a fan, here is the first screen shoot showing martin ward photography + others tab selected and no sign of the post.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is a second showing just others selected and the post is here

This third shoot shows the "Only Me" icon circled in red

This is the message interface that I'm using, I couldn't tell you if it's the new one or not

wrdmtn
wrdmtn
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm

The first one is an update bug. The post was made 3 hours ago and still wasn't updated in the 2 filters. However, it's working fine if you use the safe mode. Check it out.

I believe it could take a while to be updated. The post is there, that's for sure. Try removing the filters (Edit Page > Manage Permissions > Wall Tab Shows > All Posts). Then add them again (choose Only Posts by Page).

As for the "Suggest to Friends" issue, Facebook said there was a bug with the frame that contained your friends. That's why they temporarily removed the link (from some servers, including the one where your page is) and will add it back once it's fixed. Wink

As for the "Only Me" thing, does it only happen with new uploaded photos? Does it also happen with the photos you upload to your profile?

Finally, you're using the old messages interface. You should try the new one and see if the problem persists - read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wrdmtn Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:31 pm

I've clicked the link that you gave above and I still can't see it, same when I remove the filters as per the above. Strange, my wife can see the post too it's just me who cant!!

The only me thing, I'm not sure that if it would show on my personal page, to be honest I rarely use facebook for anything but my business.

wrdmtn
wrdmtn
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Okay... your page is acting really strange. I wrote a test post on your wall and then, Kayleigh Thompson's post started to show up on the "Martin Ward Photography + Others" filter.

However, even though I try to remove it, when I refresh the page, it's still there Duhhh Looks like your page is bugged. Also, your comment to her post keeps on showing and disappearing.... first time I'm seeing this! You should definitely send a report to Facebook [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Is her post showing up on that filter now for you, btw?

As for the little button, is it clickable? Can you please try uploading a testing picture, clicking it, and seeing what happens? That's also new to me, sorry.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wrdmtn Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:29 pm

It isn't clickable, it's greyed out, a little pop up appears to say only me . . . . .

It shows sometimes and other times it doesn't, it all works ok on my iphone funnily enough.

I'll contact Facebook just now, hopefully this doesn't take long to get sorted, I'm worried that this could affect potential business now.
wrdmtn
wrdmtn
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Most of the times if you report something to Facebook it's fixed within a week. Those forms are the only way to get a quick response. Wink

I see another member here posted a similar issue with the "Only me" option. Also showing up to him for an album - read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Try to go to the "Photos" tab, click on your album, then on "Edit album" at the bottom. Any privacy settings for the album there?

I'm surprized Facebook hasn't announced this change yet...
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wrdmtn Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:34 pm

No there is nothing there at all, no option to enable or to disable..... It just appears then leaves you to fear the worst!
wrdmtn
wrdmtn
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Then I'm afraid I don't know what it could be (since I can't even reproduce the problem). I guess we'll have to wait until Facebook says something... I'll keep you posted. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wrdmtn Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Thanks for all your help, it's been much appreciated.
wrdmtn
wrdmtn
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by wrdmtn Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:06 pm

The mystery deepens, I saw your test post appear once, I clicked away then it disappeared again.

I left a further comment on a previous post, sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't . . .

Thanks for all your help so far!!
wrdmtn
wrdmtn
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:20 pm

You're welcome Very Happy

Yes, I did notice my post kept on appearing and disappereaing too Confused I guess your page's wall is experiencing some glitches, we should wait a week or so to see if Facebook can do anything about it.

Of interest, have you tried using the mobile or touch site to view your page?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wrdmtn Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:39 pm

It seems to work ok on my iphone. Although sometimes I can't see my new comments that I had just posted.

I looked at the touch site earlier, I can't see the posts on there either!!

Do you get any type of notification that Facebook have addressed the issue??
wrdmtn
wrdmtn
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:54 pm

No, sadly they don't reply. You have to check it regularly to see until it's fixed. Duhhh
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wrdmtn Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Awesome!!!

wrdmtn
wrdmtn
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down