Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends not showing up on wall posts

3 posters

Go down

Friends not showing up on wall posts Empty Friends not showing up on wall posts

Post by wheeldawg Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:24 pm

My wife's posts do not show up on my wall even though she is a friend. I have looked at the privacy settings and cannot find the reason. I have other friends with the same issue. Is there something simple I'm missing or can anyone tell me how to diagnose this?

Thanks
wheeldawg
wheeldawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Friends not showing up on wall posts Empty Re: Friends not showing up on wall posts

Post by Admin Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Hello,

By "other friends have the same issue" you mean they can't see your wife's posts either or that you can't see their posts?

Regards
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Friends not showing up on wall posts Empty Re: Friends not showing up on wall posts

Post by wheeldawg Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:01 pm

I have a niece that cannot see her husbands posts and my wife cannot see that niece's posts.
wheeldawg
wheeldawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Be sure your wife check her Privacy Settings.

Settings --> Privacy Settings --> Profile --> Posts by Friends --> Only Friends

Also set the settings to "Cutomize" and make sure you're not on her "Hide from these friends" list

Hope it helps!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wheeldawg Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Thanks for the info. I tried that and still cannot see the posts.
wheeldawg
wheeldawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:57 pm

What kind of posts do you mean?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by wheeldawg Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:50 pm

Psts from applications and wall posts. I never see Farmville posts, but I also just posted the word Test to her wall and could not see it on mine.
wheeldawg
wheeldawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:38 am

So you're saying you posted "test' on her wall, and it doesn't show up?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by wheeldawg Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:15 am

Yes
wheeldawg
wheeldawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Can she see it from her account?

What happens immediately after you post the word 'test'? Have you tried refreshing the page?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by wheeldawg Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:23 am

Yes tried refreshing the page repeatedly. Do not see it then, do not see it next day. Can only see it if I go to her wall as a friend. Then can see it there.
wheeldawg
wheeldawg
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:43 am

In fact I had the same problem with my account, I couldn't see a link I have posted. It said "The post you requested was not found". After a day, I could see it perfectly.

How long has it been since she has had this problem?

>>>>No feedback for two weeks so assumed solved
Locked and Moved

Last edited by ruby1 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down