Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You have reached the limit of password reset attempts

2 posters

Go down

You have reached the limit of password reset attempts Empty You have reached the limit of password reset attempts

Post by AustinDerry Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:41 am

I know there is a similar thread on here, I have been through it and have a slightly different scenario.

I forgot my password, so i went to reset it (not that big of an issue) when i went to hotmail there was no e-mail, I checked my spam settings and put them on low, and kept checking back to see if it had come later. After about 20 min. I tried the re-send option on facebook.
Still no e-mail.
Read some help links, tried the re-send option again.
still no e-mail.
repeat.... a lot!
I tried on enternet explorer, firefox, and on my iPhone, never got an e-mail.
Now its been several hours and i have tried resetting somewhere around 50 Billion times, still never getting an e-mail.
I now looked more into Hotmail, found that they have word filters from who knows how long ago where I had checked "Subjects containing the word 'password' auto-delete" so i went ahead and unchecked the box, clicked re-send with Facebook, and about 2 seconds later got an e-mail to reset my password.
but when I went to enter the code I get this:
"Your password could not be reset.
You have reached the limit of password reset attempts. If you are still having trouble accessing your account, please contact us for assistance."

I click in the 'Contact us' link and get:
"No longer in use
Unfortunately this contact form is no longer in use. For more information, please visit our Help Center"

So I spent hours on there help center and all of them tell me the same thing, to reset my password through e-mail and get the code.
Well I get no where when I enter the code because I have tried to many times.
I waited about 12 hours and tried again, and received the same message, so I'm sending this off before heading off to work.

Oh, I have also tried the 'My acct. has been compromised' link, and it takes me through the same process, and gives me the same msg.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Moved from General to Accounts Support. Happy
AustinDerry
AustinDerry

Back to top Go down

You have reached the limit of password reset attempts Empty Re: You have reached the limit of password reset attempts

Post by Ruby Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:14 pm

My 'suggestion' is going to be

Give Facebook a rest for a few days...

Then try to do the link with the Code in it again;

so i went ahead and unchecked the box, clicked re-send with Facebook, and about 2 seconds later got an e-mail to reset my password.
but when I went to enter the code I get this:
"Your password could not be reset.
You have reached the limit of password reset attempts. If you are still having trouble accessing your account, please contact us for assistance."

Word of guidance; do ensure that actually your Spam junk mail filter is off so you can get any email from Facebook

I use Mailwasher on my Computer so I get to see all emails that come in and can decide for myself what is and what is not spam
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

You have reached the limit of password reset attempts Empty Re: You have reached the limit of password reset attempts

Post by AustinDerry Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Tried last night and was able to request a reset code and reset my password without a problem!
Thank you so much for all of your help!!
AustinDerry
AustinDerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:50 am

AustinDerry wrote:Tried last night and was able to request a reset code and reset my password without a problem!
Thank you so much for all of your help!!

Thanks for the good feedback

Sent to solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down