Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Album Links posted no longer have a comment box under them

2 posters

Go down

Album Links posted no longer have a comment box under them Empty Album Links posted no longer have a comment box under them

Post by GSDR Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:55 am

Each day i post up links onto our group site from my own album. Today i have noticed this is no longer giveing a comment box underneath on the site and to make a comment you are actually having to click the link picture where you can then do so.

i have also tested it on my own personal page and the same is happening with no comment box just "share"

Has anyone else also come accross this problem.
GSDR
GSDR
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Album Links posted no longer have a comment box under them Empty Re: Album Links posted no longer have a comment box under them

Post by Admin Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Moved from General to Groups Support.

Sorry, but I don't know what Comment Box you're talking about. Could you please share a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Album Links posted no longer have a comment box under them Empty Re: Album Links posted no longer have a comment box under them

Post by GSDR Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Two posting done in exactly the same way as i do every day on group site.
First one as you can see has a comment box for other group members to leave messages

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The second one posted today in the same way no longer has a comment box or a "like"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GSDR
GSDR
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Thanks for the screenshots. Very Happy

Are you sharing this photos on your Wall by clicking the "Share" link on a Page/Group? If so, what's the link to the Group/Page?

I'd also need you to leave the link to your profile if possible. I'll use my test account to add you as friend and check this myself... then you can unfriend it. For privacy reasons, if you don't want to share it in public, please leave the link using the hide tags, like this.

Code:
[hide]Paste your profile link here[/hide]

Thanks! Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSDR Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:55 pm

I load up the pics into my albums, once loaded, click the album, click the picture I wish to post, then copy and paste the url direct into the link box on my group account, click share.

It has only changed today, i have used the same method of getting pictures onto the group for the last 7 months or so (pic1)

PS
Thank you for your time with this

GSDR
GSDR
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Thanks for the explanation.

Who do these albums belong to? A page? A group? Another friend?

Since I can't add you (No 'Add as friend' button, according to your privacy setting for that), please add this account instead for me to check. Happy Eyes

Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSDR Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:40 pm

The albums are on my own personal account, i post them to a group account of which i am admin. No account settings that i am aware of have been changed on the group today as i manage our face book page and if any other admin changed anything they would ask my permission to do so first.

Thats strange as i have people add me due to the type of group i admin all the time.

Done as requested.
GSDR
GSDR
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Please check that setting at Account -> Privacy Settings -> View settings -> Add me as friend -> Everyone. Wink

Seems your friend are indeed not able to comment on your links. Just to make sure of that, could you:

- Upload a new picture to your profile? Please upload it as a Wall picture (clicking on the Photos icon next to Post).
- Share any link (ie. the link to this topic) on your wall?

I want to make sure this isn't happening for both links and photos. Then you can delete them. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSDR Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:40 pm

I think ive done as you explained.

Also change the setting it was on friends of friends
GSDR
GSDR
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Just saw them. Wink

I'm able to comment on your picture, but not on your link. Duhhh Please check that your setting isn't set to "Only me" at Account -> Privacy Settings -> Customize settings -> Can comment on posts.

If it's not that, then I'm afraid that's a Facebook bug you'll need to report to an official [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Use the link of your photo as "Web Address (URL) of content you're attempting to share". Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSDR Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Can comment on posts set to everyone.
I sent in a bug report earlier but no response yet.

Many thanks for all your time in trying to help me. I really am very grateful.

GSDR
GSDR
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GSDR Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:50 am

This now appears to have been sorted by FB as comments and likes are back featured undearneath linked urls.

Thank you
GSDR
GSDR
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Glad they fixed it. Very Happy

Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down