Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

419 Scam victim

3 posters

Go down

419 Scam victim Empty Cannot log into my account

Post by nimbus109 Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Facebook is not recognizing my account and password. Prompts me to look for an email that never comes. Have I been hijacked? Can Facebook restore my account? This is the pits! Thanks for any help
nimbus109
nimbus109
Prospect

Back to top Go down

419 Scam victim Empty Re: 419 Scam victim

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:32 am

Have you checked in you spam /junk folder for the email you say never comes?
Facebook is not recognizing my account and password

What do you mean by this ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus109 Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:27 pm

I am the victim of a Disabled - Money Transfer Scam. I have changed and strengthened my password for facebook and used an equally strong and different password for my email account and corrected its forwarding aspect. Any idea on how long I will be disabled? I responded to the initial email sent by facebook, but heere I am facebookless and for how long?
nimbus109
nimbus109
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Money Transfer Scam

The account has been accessed by someone who is contacting friends on the account and trying to obtain money from them. They are using Chat or messages to tell friends that the account owner is stuck in a far away location and in need of financial assistance.

If you are experiencing a money transfer scam, select which account was affected:

My account

My friend's account

I think you should try doing that with a new account that might be able to help you! Just go to the Help Center after you make a new account. Wink

Regards,
Poke
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

419 Scam victim Empty 419 Scam victim

Post by nimbus109 Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:24 pm

OK, I returned about a week ago the email sent by FB with all the information they requested. I have sent the reactivate form several times. Will they restore the account and at what point? Or should I open a new one and re-invite friends [hopefully]? Anyone else have this experience with getting their account back. Thanks for any insight.
nimbus109
nimbus109
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus109 Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:12 pm

And what do they really mean when they say 'temporarily deactivated? And how do they define the word temporary?
nimbus109
nimbus109
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:17 pm

nimbus109 wrote:And what do they really mean when they say 'temporarily deactivated? And how do they define the word temporary?

It means its not a permant deactived, its only deactivated for some short time period. The word means is a short time period! Wink
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus109 Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:22 pm

So Poke thanks. Do you have any information on how long they keep it deactivated/disabled?
nimbus109
nimbus109
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:28 pm

nimbus109 wrote:So Poke thanks. Do you have any information on how long they keep it deactivated/disabled?
'

it depends on how bad the situtation is. I think probally 1-2 weeks im not really sure how long they keep it deactivated. Wink
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Moderator note; please explain why you have two threads running on the same problem? This does not help anyone and only adds to confusing

The two threads are now merged to keep this enquiry on track'
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:37 am

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this merged thread for several days ?

Do not start a fresh thread on this issue ... but If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down