Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

419 SCAM!!!

3 posters

Go down

419 SCAM!!! Empty 419 SCAM!!!

Post by NatashaxD Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:08 pm

well one night... I was on Facebook. Someone sent a link and it turned out to be spam. (I know I should have been more careful) and when my computer wasn't being all weird, I reported that it was being spammed. I tried to log in to my account and it accused me of "Money Scam" I don't even know what that is... Well I've tried EVERYTHING! please help! I've reported, tried to logg in, called Facebook and there's nothing on Facebook to help me. I tried to reset my password but I need to log into that first... which I obviously can't PLEASE HELP! I need this Facebook for my school!
NatashaxD
NatashaxD
Prospect

Back to top Go down

419 SCAM!!! Empty Re: 419 SCAM!!!

Post by Tim Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Moved to Disabled support - please post in the correct sections.

NatashaxD wrote:
I've reported, tried to logg in, called Facebook and there's nothing on Facebook to help me.
Could you kindly elaborate on that? ie. What happens when you try to login; how did you call Facebook and what happened?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NatashaxD Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:47 pm

oh geeze. I wrote like a whole paragraph and it turned out like that! well let me start over! I was on facebook when someone sent me a spam link (i know I should have been more careful) when my computer was being normal, I reported that I had beem spammed. I tried to log in and it said my account was "disabled" because of "money scam" I don't even know what that is! nothing has worked. the FB help center did nothing, tried to look on the internet and again nothing. they say to change your password, but how can I if my FB is disabled. I called FB headquarters and they have no phone costomer service.
NatashaxD
NatashaxD
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Why are you labeling this a '419 scam'?

and when my computer wasn't being all weird, I reported that it was being spammed

Please say more about this; are you using a private and only used by you computer to access Facebook and what if any is the Protection on it ?

What about the email address associated wih the Facebook account; do you still have access to it and can you still send and receive emails with it?

Please check in that email account to see if any emails not of yours have been sent...

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NatashaxD Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:42 am

I use my phone and computer. there's no more virus my email is perfectly fine Happy all of the emails are mine. I try to send an email to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but once again, no one answers the public back
NatashaxD
NatashaxD
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by NatashaxD Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:47 am

I'm labeling it as a 419 scam because it told me right on the screen. if you want, I can get a screen shot of it when I get out of school
NatashaxD
NatashaxD
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:49 am

You fail to answer the question; you say

and when my computer wasn't being all weird,

What do you mean by this ?

What is the Protection on the computer?

What is the Protection on the phone?

there's no more virus
..So..what was on there and how did you get rid of it?

Edit;As you are in school and on a shared computer.... did the original event happen on the shared computer?

May one ask why you are accessing Facebook on a shared computer and in school time?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NatashaxD Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:11 pm

ok. I got spammed. there was things popping up saying I needed to fill out surveys. it was a spaam. when it "stopped being weird", that means that the surveys stopped coming up on my screen, ok? I'm not sure if it was a virus... I have a security program on my computer and everything is fine. I use my Facebook for my SCHOOLWORK not AT school. it wont let me at my school. I never use it at school. everything is fine now I just want my Facebook back! evrything happened on this computer I'm on right now. no other computer.
NatashaxD
NatashaxD
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by NatashaxD Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this is what comes up
NatashaxD
NatashaxD
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:24 pm

I have a security program on my computer and everything is fine.

With respect, you still fail to tell us what the Protection is . so will you please tell us.....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NatashaxD Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:35 pm

ok..... it's Trend Micro why is that important if my computer is fine? I just want my accound back. just wondering. sorry if I caused any confusion...
NatashaxD
NatashaxD
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by NatashaxD Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:18 pm

it's Trend Micro Internet Security. sorry if I'm not getting to the point, I'm just trying to get it back and I appreciate that you are helping
NatashaxD
NatashaxD
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:29 pm

To hopefully eliminate the presence of any 'unwanted guests' on that machine please run these two programs ; they work differently to Trend Micro and are not antivirus programs ....

Disclaimer; Run at your own risk

Please download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and save it to your desktop.
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes , they may interfere or alert you.

• Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

• Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

• If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
On the Scanner tab:

• Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:

• Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Disclaimer ;Run at your own risk

Next run Superantisypware (SAS):

Download and scan with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Free for Home Users
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

• In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

Run correctly this scan may take up to 8 or more hours to run so be patient

Please let us know when these scans have been run and show us the reports....

As you say the computer was 'acting weird' and it it important to try to find out why....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NatashaxD Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:07 pm

I know you're trying to help me with cleaning my computer (which I'm doing now), and I thank you very much, but all I wanted in the first place was my account not to be disabled because of this 419 scam.
NatashaxD
NatashaxD
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:24 am

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume your problem was solved , and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Hacke
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down