Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

faceboook.com Scam

4 posters

Go down

faceboook.com Scam Empty faceboook.com Scam

Post by vmhens1980 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Is faceboook.com facebook, too? I know these sites buy domains that are similar to avoid confusion. I accidentally went to faceboook.com and they told I had won a contest and facebook was going to give me a free prize after a survey. They made me "confirm my cell phone number" and ended up CHARGING ME 10 DOLLARS TO MY CELL BILL!!! I went back to faceboook.com and it said in the privacy link that it's fluent inc. is facebook fluent inc?? why are they charging my cell bill??????
vmhens1980
vmhens1980

Back to top Go down

faceboook.com Scam Empty Re: faceboook.com Scam

Post by vmhens1980 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:28 pm

PS - I called verizon and told them the phone number that was charging me and they refunded me the charge. verizon kicks butt (sometimes, lol). the number they sent me in a text message didn't do anything.
vmhens1980
vmhens1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:45 pm

This

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

is Facebook log in URL

This

is where you can start to get signed into Facebook to start with after which the first link is all you need

I accidentally went to faceboook.com and they told I had won a contest and facebook was going to give me a free prize after a survey. They made me "confirm my cell phone number"

What notification did you get email -wise etc to tell you this ?

How, if at all, is that computer Protected and when did you last fun full scans to check for any infections?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by vmhens1980 Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:53 pm

It's not a malware/spyware issue, it's a domain spoofing issue. Go to "faceboook.com" (3 o's), not facebook.com.
vmhens1980
vmhens1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:03 pm

What I am trying to say to you is
This is Facebook log in

So seems you have not landed on Facebook

In other words I suggest you need to be careful of where you log into Facebook as anything that is not Facebook is , obviously , a scam and probably out to get your money plus your Private details

I am not sure what you expect this forum to be able to 'do' for you ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by vmhens1980 Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:29 pm

The website uses the facebook name and strikingly similar logos, colors, and layout. It's my understanding that it is illegal to impersonate a website and jeopardize their brand in such a way so I wasn't sure if this website is, indeed, impersonating facebook or if facebook is running a campaign to get money from members on a similar domain they own. Additionally, large online brands are known for purchasing domains with simple typos.

My purposes for writing on this forum are:
1.) To see if anyone else has also experienced this.
2.) Confirm this is NOT facebook.
3.) Possibly get support on how we can notify facebook if this is NOT their site (as you probably know, the facebook website does not have many opportunities to report abuse of this nature).

@Ruby - if you think this is definitely a scam (and I agree with you). Do you have any suggestions on where we could report this?

Thanks!
vmhens1980
vmhens1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:28 pm

That's not Facebook of course. faceboook.com takes me to social.worldrewardcenter.com, that says I can get a MacBook or iPhone because it's their birthday. That's pretty dumb.

There seems to be no actual link to report this, but you can try posting on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] page and see if they take action.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:56 am

Moved from Other Problems to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down