Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot change banner or delete old one

2 posters

Go down

Cannot change banner or delete old one Empty Cannot change banner or delete old one

Post by lorimand Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:54 pm

I am going a bit crazy at this point. I have been trying to change my top of the page banner on my group page for about three or four days and the old one keeps coming back. I even deleted the comments that emanated from that initial status banner so that it wouldn't exist anymore, yet it returns. Sometimes I get lucky for a little while and the new one stays, but inevitably that old one always resurfaces.

I have cleared out all my old temp files and wrote to Facebook a few times and no luck. I am at an impasse as to what to do to fix the problem. I know they are soon changing the format of the page and there won't be a space for a daily banner, but until then I was hoping to keep it going.

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you!
Lori

PS: I'm talking about the top of the group page where you can write something that stays until you change it, not a photo or image banner like I've seen being spoken of a lot on this site. Like we USED to have on our own profile pages that were eliminated when they changed the format? Well, I still have it on my group page and I can't get it to change from one from a few days ago for more than a click or two. Thanks again.

Last edited by lorimand on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Want to add more specifics to what "banner" I'm talking about)
lorimand
lorimand
Regular

Back to top Go down

Cannot change banner or delete old one Empty Re: Cannot change banner or delete old one

Post by Admin Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi lorimand. Very Happy

I'm sorry, but I still don't know what 'banner' you're talking to... Duhhh A [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] may help. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Cannot change banner or delete old one Empty This is it in red.

Post by lorimand Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The text in red I would change daily. Now this one keeps returning. Cannot get my page to accept a new "banner," or whatever you want to call that, when I put in new text. It either doesn't accept it at all or accepts the new one for a little while and then switches back to this one.

I actually went into my wall and deleted all the comments that were left along with this status that also goes to the wall, as you know, and it still appears, even after cleaning out my cache, etc. What is going on?

Hope this helped. Thank you for any suggestions.
lorimand
lorimand
Regular

Back to top Go down

Cannot change banner or delete old one Empty Re: Cannot change banner or delete old one

Post by Admin Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:04 pm

That could be called the 'last status', I guess. Tongue That's a feature pages and profiles used to have (that above is a page that hasn't been upgraded yet), but now Facebook has upgraded both of them's layouts, it's no longer available, for either groups, profiles or pages. Sorry. Sad
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by lorimand Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Well, it still gives me the ability to do it and it does stay SOMETIMES and the reverts back to my old one. If they don't do it, why have I still been having it on my page? This is even more confusing to me. I do know when they finally force everyone this month to accept the new format, it will go away but mine is still the old format and it does allow for it.
lorimand
lorimand
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Link to your page?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by lorimand Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lorimand
lorimand
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:37 pm

I think not having the default filters might be a problem... just in case, go to Edit Page => Show only posts by Page instead of all posts. If that doesn't work, change it back... and the only thing I could suggest is reporting this to Facebook, or upgrading your page. Your choice.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by lorimand Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:40 pm

I think not having the default filters might be a problem... just in case, go to Edit Page => Show only posts by Page instead of all posts. If that doesn't work, change it back... and the only thing I could suggest is reporting this to Facebook, or upgrading your page. Your choice.

I will try the filters, although I never changed them and this just started to happen. But if I do decide to upgrade the page, that part will definitely be history. I guess there is nowhere you can put up any kind of "news" for a day that will stay at the top anymore. That's sad as I always provided birthdays for the day or any special events that the people who frequent the page feed off of with their posts. Oh, well, end of the way we knew it. Just when you are satisfied with how things are going, they "improve" it whether you want it improved or not.
lorimand
lorimand
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by lorimand Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:44 pm

When I just changed the show posts by page, some of my members' posts when away. Why would that happen??? I'm not understanding any of the logic to this. What is the difference between showing all posts and posts by page?
lorimand
lorimand
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by lorimand Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Never mind - it didn't work. At first it changed it, and then next refresh, the old one came back. I don't know where the old one can even be coming from considering I deleted it off the page entirely. I give up - thanks for trying. I really appreciate your time.
lorimand
lorimand
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:34 am

I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks anyhow for your feedback.

I suggest you upgrade your page... to me, it's better to have a 'not so good looking layout' (some people's opinion) that having a buggy 'cool' layout.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by lorimand Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:48 am

I love your phraseology, "buggy 'cool' layout." Glasses

Thank you for all your time and effort again.

Lori
lorimand
lorimand
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Haha, you're welcome. Cat

Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down