Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to report about a disrupted like button?

4 posters

Go down

Where to report about a disrupted like button? Empty Where to report about a disrupted like button?

Post by efratnakash Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:45 pm

The Like button in Hebrew (אהבתי) is jammed:
the word is left aligned over the thumb up,
and the text about how many like appears in English and not in Hebrew.

Where would be the right place to report about it?
efratnakash
efratnakash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Where to report about a disrupted like button? Empty Re: Where to report about a disrupted like button?

Post by Admin Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Moved from General to Other Problems.

Hello,

The aligning issue could be easily fixed with CSS I guess. I'm not 100% of what you mean though, mind taking a screenshot?

As for the second issue, you should contact Facebook Devs => read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Happy Eyes
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Where to report about a disrupted like button? Empty Re: Where to report about a disrupted like button?

Post by efratnakash Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks, I'll check the topic provided.

The aligning is not a css issue. The like button is displayed using the like button code. I can see the distortion in any webpage which is using the code.
efratnakash
efratnakash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:04 pm

efratnakash wrote:The like button is displayed using the like button code. I can see the distortion in any webpage which is using the code.
Mind giving an example, so that I can have a look? Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by efratnakash Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Of course, please look at the bottom of the following page:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
efratnakash
efratnakash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Text is in Hebrew and not English for me, BTW.

This CSS rule should fix the overlapping text issue. Wink

Code:
.connect_widget .like_button_dark .liketext {
padding: 0 0 0 18px;
}

Last edited by The Listener on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rule corrected)
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by efratnakash Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks, but I do not understand where I should add the code you provided.

Right now the code I am using is:

Code:
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.efratnakash.com%2Fgalleries_h.asp&amp;layout=standard&amp;show_faces=false&amp;width=680&amp;action=like&amp;font=arial&amp;colorscheme=dark&amp;height=35&amp;locale=he_IL"
scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:680px; height:35px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Would you please insert your code for me?

The "like" text = אהבתי - is in Hebrew. But the text: "11 people like this. Be the first of your friends." - is in English, and should be in Hebrew.

Thanks Happy

Last edited by efratnakash on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding code tags)
efratnakash
efratnakash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:31 pm

FYI, this iFrame is the one I'm seeing in your website, and it's in Hebrew. The one whose code you provided is in English.

Code:
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http://www.efratnakash.com/galleries_h.asp&layout=standard&show_faces=false&width=680&action=like&font=arial&colorscheme=dark&height=35&locale=he_IL" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:680px; height:35px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

I'm afraid the code I provided won't work since you can't externally edit an iFrame's CSS... only Facebook can do that. You should use the link above to suggest them adding the code given by me between these tags.

Code:
<style></style>
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by efratnakash Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Thanks, I posted a topic at the facebook developers forum:

Interesting enough, I used the code you provided above (I can see my code got some extra characters, I do not how...), and the "like" line is still displayed in English...
efratnakash
efratnakash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Have you thought of using JavaScript SDK instead for the button? You need to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] first. Once you do, hand me the App ID and I'll give you the code you should use.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Where to report about a disrupted like button? Empty Generic issue

Post by efratnakash Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:26 am

I was unable to access the link you provided (after the page with request for permission to access my profile, the next page was not found).

When I started using the like code everything was fine. The Hebrew Like Button became jammed only lately, and in every website who uses it, not only in my website, so it is not a local problem. I guess someone touched the code, and maybe no one is aware of it. All I want is to report about this bug.
efratnakash
efratnakash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Then you should just use the link I gave in my first reply, and let the Developers take care of it. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:23 am

Moved from Other Problems to Awaiting Reply

There has been no reply of this being solved for over a week.

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will move this topic to the Abandoned Topic section without further notice.
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by efratnakash Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:26 am

The bug was filed and you can track it here:

Moved back to Other Problems.
efratnakash
efratnakash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:35 am

Moved from other to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

O
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by efratnakash Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:36 pm

The problem is still unresolved.

Efrat

Moved back from AR to Other Problems
efratnakash
efratnakash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 07, 2011 5:46 am

Moved from Other to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by efratnakash Sat May 07, 2011 10:17 am

At last, the bug was resolved.
efratnakash
efratnakash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 07, 2011 12:02 pm

efratnakash wrote:At last, the bug was resolved.

Thanks !!!!

Moved to Solved ( gladly!!)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down