Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I Stop my LIKING of PHOTOS and LINKS from showing in my WALL FEED to all my fans

2 posters

Go down

How do I Stop my LIKING of PHOTOS and LINKS from showing in my WALL FEED to all my fans Empty How do I Stop my LIKING of PHOTOS and LINKS from showing in my WALL FEED to all my fans

Post by ms_music_91 Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:25 pm

I was wondering on a musicians page how can I stop certain things I do from posting in my live feed, that all fans see when they first log into their normal pages.

For instance,
If I like a photo that someone posts on another musicians or actors page it posts in the feed that I like that, for ALL fans to see and if I "like" a lot of them it overflows the feed with all that.

Is there a way in the new current fb settings for me to STOP that type of "like" from posting to my feed?

Thanks you so much Very Happy
ms_music_91
ms_music_91
Prospect

Back to top Go down

How do I Stop my LIKING of PHOTOS and LINKS from showing in my WALL FEED to all my fans Empty Re: How do I Stop my LIKING of PHOTOS and LINKS from showing in my WALL FEED to all my fans

Post by Admin Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:21 pm

There's unfortunately no automated way or setting to do that. You can use any of these 2 workarounds, though.

a) 'Like' other pages and pictures with your Personal Account and not with your Page's.
b) Delete each of these stories manually after they're posted on your wall (I always do this).
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

How do I Stop my LIKING of PHOTOS and LINKS from showing in my WALL FEED to all my fans Empty Re: How do I Stop my LIKING of PHOTOS and LINKS from showing in my WALL FEED to all my fans

Post by ms_music_91 Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:37 am

Thanks Happy

And I have another question for you.

One band goes up and down my page LIKING every comment every one of my fans post.
Then I guess they UNLIKE my page so I cannot see them in my fans list to BAN them.
They never leave a comment so I can't ban them that way.

I went to their page and left them a nice comment asking them to stop since it overflows my notices and I can't respond to my fans comments like I like to do.
BUT---------they just BANNED me from their page and DELETED my comment.
Now I can't find a way to STOP them from doing this to my page.

I was even online when they were doing it to my page but their ID did NOT show up on my fans list...I am assuming because they BANNED me from their page is why I cannot see their ID on my page now....just them liking things. But NO WAY to ban them.

Do you know what I need to do?

Thanks Happy
ms_music_91
ms_music_91
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:42 pm

What account did they ban, your page's or your personal one? Use the one that isn't banned to administer your page, and if you see they've 'liked' your page once again, click on 'X people like this', and they should be displaying at the top of that window. Ban them for good.

Unfortunately, there's no way to ban a page/account that isn't listed as a fan/liker. Duhhh
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ms_music_91 Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Hello The Listener Happy
Thank you for taking time to respond to my questions!

They banned both pages.
I first posted the message on their wall using my music page then after they banned that page I used my regular page that is linked to my music page and asked them again in a post and they banned that ID as well. lol

I guess I will just have to catch them when they have liked my page before they unlike it, so I can ban them.

Thanks again Very Happy
ms_music_91
ms_music_91
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:24 am

No problem. Wink

I suggest you create a dummy profile on Facebook (just for testing purpouses, then you'd delete it), give it admin rights to your page, and ban the other page when you see they 'like' yours. This way, they will be visible to this account.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ms_music_91 Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:24 pm

I'll have to try that.
Thanks Listener!!!!!! You're the best Very Happy
ms_music_91
ms_music_91
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down