Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"is now friends with" shows up on newsfeed, but my friends can't see that!

2 posters

Go down

"is now friends with" shows up on newsfeed, but my friends can't see that! Empty "is now friends with" shows up on newsfeed, but my friends can't see that!

Post by youfb Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:36 am

I can see who I just added or added me on my Newsfeed, but my friends cannot see that on their Recent News or if they go on my page, they cannot see it on my Recent Activity! Help me fix this! The same exact thing happens with me Attending Events!? What happened?
youfb
youfb
Prospect

Back to top Go down

"is now friends with" shows up on newsfeed, but my friends can't see that! Empty Re: "is now friends with" shows up on newsfeed, but my friends can't see that!

Post by Tim Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:25 pm

Make sure that

1) Your privacy settings allow your friends to view such stories; and
2) The event is public, ie. viewable by all

Also, depending on the friend's privacy / block settings, other friends may not be able to see that they are on Facebook at all (thus being unable to see who you have just added on your profile wall).
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

"is now friends with" shows up on newsfeed, but my friends can't see that! Empty Re: "is now friends with" shows up on newsfeed, but my friends can't see that!

Post by youfb Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:40 pm

I have all the settings on Friends Only. The event I attend IS public, but still these do not show up as I described in previous post.
youfb
youfb
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun May 01, 2011 5:26 am

Is this only occuring with one friend, or all?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by youfb Sun May 01, 2011 1:59 pm

ALL my friends cannot see my newsfeed update when visiting my facebook to see that I have added friends. Nor do they receive any Top News or Recent News on THEIR page even when they can see other stuff I posted on my Wall.

The 2 things they cannot see when I do things is the 1) the adding friends to my facebook and 2) when I attend a public event.

I hate facebook! They spend 90% of their time marketing and changing stupid security that doesn't really make much of a difference in how users use Facebook. They never take into consideration the millions of issues users are currently having to deal with!!
youfb
youfb
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down