Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Friends and Pages Not Showing up in NewsFeed

2 posters

Go down

Some Friends and Pages Not Showing up in NewsFeed Empty Some Friends and Pages Not Showing up in NewsFeed

Post by naslih Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Here's the situation...

Status updates/news postings/updates from certain friends and/or pages that I "like" are not automatically showing up in my Newsfeed. I know this because when I visit the fb page for that friend/interest/company I see that they have several new postings which never showed up in my Newsfeed.

I have done the following...

• Scrolled to the bottom of the page
  • Selected Edit Options
  • From the drop down menu there are two options: "Show Posts from All of Your Friends and Pages" and "Show Posts from Friends and Pages you Interact With Most".
  • "Show Posts from All of Your Friend and Pages" is already selected.
  • However, FB seems to be removing certain pages from my Newsfeed. For example, The Guardian (British newspaper) posts several updates every day. I haven't commented on a Guardian posting in a while, but I like to read all of them, yet since I haven't commented on a posting from The Guardian in a while FB seems have to decided I don't want to see their updates in my newsfeed. Again, that's despite the fact that I have "Show Posts from All of Your Friends and Pages" selected.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Any possible solutions?

Thanks!
naslih
naslih

Back to top Go down

Some Friends and Pages Not Showing up in NewsFeed Empty Re: Some Friends and Pages Not Showing up in NewsFeed

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Be sure to click on "Top News" and not on "Most Recent" before doing the process you described before. Then scroll down, click on "Edit Options" and see if any of your friends/pages is there, and you accidentally hidden their posts. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Some Friends and Pages Not Showing up in NewsFeed Empty Re: Some Friends and Pages Not Showing up in NewsFeed

Post by naslih Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks for the response, The Listener. I tried that out, but no dice. There are certain friends/pages I've chosen to "hide posts from", but those are not the ones I'm concerned with. The ones I'm concerned with are not on the "hide posts from" list and yet are still not showing up in my feed. Am I just SOL?
naslih
naslih

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:14 pm

This is happening with both friends and pages or with just pages? Because some of them have problems displaying these posts on fan's feeds (even in the admin's one) and only the page admin can solve that.

Could you also leave the link to these friends profiles and pages? If you want to keep them private, you can e-mail me them at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down