Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I set up different areas for work, social, etc. so they don't mix at all?

3 posters

Go down

How do I set up different areas for work, social, etc. so they don't mix at all? Empty How do I set up different areas for work, social, etc. so they don't mix at all?

Post by Not Sniw Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:50 am

Hi -

New to FB this week, thanks for any help!

I would like to keep different groups of friends apart on my FB account (work, social, etc.). I thought maybe setting up different groups and putting my friends in the appropriate groups might be the way to go if I could keep the separate groups "far apart" from each other - for example so that friend "A" (who is in group "B"), can only have activity in Group "B", and has no idea about friends who might be in Group "Z" (much less see their posts or write on Group Z's wall) .

So I set up several named "Groups", and made them "secret", and told FB who would be in each group.

What should I do next? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks for any help!
Not Sniw
Not Sniw

Back to top Go down

How do I set up different areas for work, social, etc. so they don't mix at all? Empty Re: How do I set up different areas for work, social, etc. so they don't mix at all?

Post by Not Sniw Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi - it's been 11 days without a response, so I thought maybe if I reworded the question I'd get a different result Happy

How can I set up my FB account so there is no visibility/intermingling/overlap between my work, family, and social circles?

Thanks!
Not Sniw
Not Sniw

Back to top Go down

How do I set up different areas for work, social, etc. so they don't mix at all? Empty Re: How do I set up different areas for work, social, etc. so they don't mix at all?

Post by Tim Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Hello,

We apologize for the late reply - due to our many topics daily we sometimes overlook a topic by mistake. Thanks for bumping it.

As long as your groups are 'secret', anybody who is not part of that group will not even know that the group exists. So if you put 'Friend A' into 'Group B' but not 'Group Z', 'Friend A' only knows about Group B.

However this only permits to content that is actually posted in the group. If, for example, 'Friend A' posts on your wall then 'Friend B' could also see the content (assuming Friend A's privacy settings allows non-friends to view it).

Judging from your second post though, I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to accomplish? Or are you trying to set it so that Friend B (from work) cannot see content that Friend A (say, your family) posts on your profile wall?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:41 am

Moved from Privacy Support to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down