Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trouble verifying my account on facebook

3 posters

Go down

trouble verifying my account on facebook Empty FB verify account

Post by Fignewton15 Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:00 am

Whats up guys Im not too sure if I'm doing something wrong or if its facebook? I recently got hacked and had to change my password. When im trying to recover my account it tells me to choose a verification method and the only choice is mobile verification. However when I click it I get the code via text message but on my screen it says "sorry something went wrong were working on getting this fixed"

Moved from General discussion to Facebook Support Mobile etc
Fignewton15
Fignewton15
Prospect

Back to top Go down

trouble verifying my account on facebook Empty Re: trouble verifying my account on facebook

Post by Fignewton15 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:42 am

So I guess no one has a solution or any advice?
Fignewton15
Fignewton15
Prospect

Back to top Go down

trouble verifying my account on facebook Empty trouble verifying my account on facebook

Post by Fignewton15 Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:53 am

Well I am having some extreme trouble trying to verify my account on facebook. I am being required to complete a securty check in order to prove that it is indeed me. Well when it tells me to choose a verification method the only option is mobile phone verification. So here is the problem, I choose the mobile phone verification and facebook sends me a code via text message, but when i click to enter the code on the next page i get an error message saying oops something went wrong? Anyone know how to fix this proble,?
Fignewton15
Fignewton15
Prospect

Back to top Go down

trouble verifying my account on facebook Empty Re: trouble verifying my account on facebook

Post by Ruby Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:15 am

Topics merged and sent to Mobile notifications

Sounds like there may be a problem at th Facebook end ?

What happened to your Facebook account anyways that you thought you had been hacked ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fignewton15 Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:52 am

Well because I changed my password but it took ages for me to get the email then a day later I got an email about the password change. Since it was a late email I clicked it wasn't me...
Fignewton15
Fignewton15
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fignewton15 Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:52 am

Any ideas what I should do?
Fignewton15
Fignewton15
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:20 am

Fignewton15 wrote:Well because I changed my password but it took ages for me to get the email then a day later I got an email about the password change. Since it was a late email I clicked it wasn't me...

Why? Was it you and your name on the email.... or not ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fignewton15 Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:31 am

Wasn't really paying attention yes it was me
Fignewton15
Fignewton15
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Fignewton15 wrote:Well because I changed my password but it took ages for me to get the email then a day later I got an email about the password change. Since it was a late email I clicked it wasn't me...

Wasn't really paying attention yes it was me

So what you have actually done is to tell Facebook your account has been hacked (when in fact it has not !!)?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fignewton15 Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:30 pm

In a way but regardless it shouldn't make a difference whether it was or not it still won't let me complete security check
Fignewton15
Fignewton15
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:33 am

Moved from Mobile & Notifications Support to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down