Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home page & my group pages not displaying properly, and other issues

3 posters

Go down

Home page & my group pages not displaying properly, and other issues Empty Home page & my group pages not displaying properly, and other issues

Post by SeattleWushu Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:29 pm

There are many issues I'm having with Facebook at the moment, and wondering if anyone has suggestions. Its been about a week and a half that I've been having page problems. I'm using a laptop with Win XP Pro,... I've used Firefox 3.6.18, IE , and Google Chrome....all browsers give me the same errors. (however any other websites on these browsers load up just fine with no problems). Here are the issues:

1) My home page isn't displaying properly....no sidebars on the left and right sides. Can't the groups I belong to on the left sidebar, and can't see the events and other stuff on the right sidebar. No sidebars at all. screenshot...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2) My group pages aren't loading properly either. No sidebars, which means I don't see the members, or the option to accept new members to the group or options to edit the group, make others admins, etc. Screenshot....

3) My mobile version of facebook is being weird too. I'm using Opera mobile 10 on an HTC phone running windows mobile 6.5. It worked great up until a couple weeks ago. screenshot.....

I thought maybe it was just my computer and phone weirding out, but I've tried clearing the cache, cookies, etc on desktop and mobile browser...no dice. On the desktop, when I try to access inbox, the page hangs. Same with accessing notifications...the page hangs but the only way I can see notifications is to click "see all notifications". On my phone I tried hard-resetting the phone, still same mobile display error.

Thoughts?
SeattleWushu
SeattleWushu
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Home page & my group pages not displaying properly, and other issues Empty Re: Home page & my group pages not displaying properly, and other issues

Post by Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:38 pm

To make sure this is or isn't a computer issue, please create a dummy account on Facebook (use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for a valid e-mail address) and tell us if you experience the same issues with that account.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Home page & my group pages not displaying properly, and other issues Empty Re: Home page & my group pages not displaying properly, and other issues

Post by SeattleWushu Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Okay, I'll give it a shot....
SeattleWushu
SeattleWushu
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SeattleWushu Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:17 pm

Well that's odd. My dummy acct displays my group properly...

And....when I logged back in to my original acct, my group page dispayed properly...

My home page is displaying properly now too. But I've noticed within the last hour that it sometimes doesn't display properly then all of a sudden displays fine.

My mobile account is still not letting me get to my home page. I get the "Sorry something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can" error message.....and my mobile profile still looks the same as the first pic I posted. Odd.
SeattleWushu
SeattleWushu
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:12 pm

That's awkward, but you kinda got lucky. Tongue

To make sure the glitched homepage is not being cached in your browser, please clean its cookies and cache.

As regards your mobile, I suggest you do the same with Opera Mobile if you haven't done that yet.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SeattleWushu Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Well, darn it. Its some weeks later, and a few days after I surprisingly saw my group page displaying properly, its back to not having sidebars. I can't confirm join requests for my groups.
SeattleWushu
SeattleWushu
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea1027 Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:14 am

Try logging into facebook from a different computer, MAKE SURE it's not a computer issue.
andrea1027
andrea1027

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down