Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to deactivate an Old FB account when no longer own email address from old employer

3 posters

Go down

How to deactivate an Old FB account when no longer own email address from old employer Empty How to deactivate an Old FB account when no longer own email address from old employer

Post by That Holmes Guy Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Facts: I have an old FB account that I forgot I established (3 years ago) when I worked for another corporation. I never really used it much back then. Recently, I setup a new FB account and have been using it exclusively over the past couple of months. However, a few friends searched for me on FB, saw the old account, and told me about it.

Question: I want to close or deactivate the old FB account; however, I cannot access it because I used the corporate email address as my contact address when I established it and I no longer work there so I do not own that email address any longer. What can I do to deactivate or close the old FB account? Duhhh
That Holmes Guy
That Holmes Guy
Prospect

Back to top Go down

How to deactivate an Old FB account when no longer own email address from old employer Empty Re: How to deactivate an Old FB account when no longer own email address from old employer

Post by Admin Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Hello,

Visit that old profile and click on "Report/Block this Person" so that Facebook will be able to delete that account.

Regards
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

How to deactivate an Old FB account when no longer own email address from old employer Empty Re: How to deactivate an Old FB account when no longer own email address from old employer

Post by That Holmes Guy Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Thank you to The Listener! I appreciate your help. I will try your advice. Very Happy
That Holmes Guy
That Holmes Guy
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:48 pm

If you still remember your password to your old account, you may still be able to log into your old facebook account using your old email & password combination.

>>>No feedback received for two weeks
>>>Assumed resolved
>>>Locked and Moved

Last edited by ruby1 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down