Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Facebook layout

+45
colleenhursey
Debbie25
jdmiller
atylerrose
TR Terry Stiles
Bonnie
j0s1emc
Valkii
drew3rdof3
ladyfawn
arlene luyt
orchid55
FreDic
Lyric
jflake10
Shel45
StevenF50
aspen
Syfte
ecosystem
LunarScorpio
Josh
sunshine27537
bama222
lovesscrapn
hw2070
JohnnyMac
zachofthegolden1
cinnamongirl953@yahoo.com
Emm-Jay
ankrmatt
sensitive
rmbru2k
CodeHunter
jonnypneumonic
MiniMeToo
duke
Admin
lady silvermoon
Ruby
cshell62
Lynnore Hoge
honeymaker
horseafide
Hatton7
49 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What do you think of the new FB Layout?

New Facebook layout - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%New Facebook layout - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 9 ]
New Facebook layout - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%New Facebook layout - Page 3 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 8 ]
New Facebook layout - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%New Facebook layout - Page 3 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 13 ]
New Facebook layout - Page 3 Vote_lcap54%New Facebook layout - Page 3 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 36 ]

Total Votes : 66

New Facebook layout - Page 3 Empty Re: New Facebook layout

Post by Admin Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 am

Bonnie wrote:I HATE IT-- It is harder to see and harder to navigate-- I have to go in a circle literally to get where I want to go--
Plus some of the new icons are VERY difficult to see--
This is the SECOND change I have gotten-- I didn't like the last one but had gotten used to it-- THIS ONE SUCKS

If it ain't broke-- WHY would you fix it! OR are you guys just bored--If you are bored how about fixing the black screen and other gaffs that show up on FB-- Or maybe concentrate on getting rid of the foul mouthed trolls in the groups-- that'll keep you busy.

We are not Facebook workers. We're a Fan site and none of us work for Facebook.com

If you don't like the new Homepage it's not us who you should blame. And even if you don't like something be respectful and poilite; Facebook offers a free site which couldn't be more complete. Apart from that, is it such a big deal that some stuff were moved? If you couldn't hate it anymore and think the Facebook Team isn't doing 'anything', there's that red cross at the top right of your window, click on it.... you'll be free! You can just get used to it as we all did when in happened in the past.

No need to misrespect them.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

New Facebook layout - Page 3 Empty New Facebook changes!!!

Post by TR Terry Stiles Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:38 am

I am definitely not afraid of change but this new look of Facebook really sucks big time.
If it's not broken, why try to fix it??? It was easy to get around and fun. Now it's a pain in the backside and nothing but a struggle. I can see I won't be on here as much anymore. I'm sure I share this opinion with thousands of others.
As for the above comment......the correct word is "disrespect" NOT "misrespect"

Last edited by TR Terry Stiles on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
TR Terry Stiles
TR Terry Stiles
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by arlene luyt Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:37 am

Is anyone from facebook even reading the comments posted here? WHY ask for our opinions if this is only a fan based forum then?

If it is a fan based forum and facebook is not reading these comments maybe the person that asked for our feedback should be sending this post on to facebook directly.

No-one objects to change, if its for the better or easier to use. This change is NOT better though AND IT IS NOT easier to use especially with the bookmark toolbar missing at the bottom.

The person that responded with this following message was TOTALLY out of line by telling people to rather use the BIG RED CROSS at the top of the page!!!!!....

" We are not Facebook workers. We're a Fan site and none of us work for Facebook.com

If you don't like the new Homepage it's not us who you should blame. And even if you don't like something be respectful and poilite; Facebook offers a free site which couldn't be more complete. Apart from that, is it such a big deal that some stuff were moved? If you couldn't hate it anymore and think the Facebook Team isn't doing 'anything', there's that red cross at the top right of your window, click on it.... you'll be free! You can just get used to it as we all did when in happened in the past.

No need to misrespect them "
arlene luyt
arlene luyt
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by atylerrose Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:58 am

I can't go easily to separate friends walls anymore. I get error messages constantly. Applications fail and the link on my mobile facebook is still not working. The old layout was so much more user friendly. I miss my mobile link to a previous comment the most. I use facebook mobile more than a home based computer and the only response I can get on this is they know it is not working correctly and their not sure when it wil be. Almost everyone I facebook with has some kind of problem with this new layout. I sure hope some of these issues are being worked out for everyone.
atylerrose
atylerrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:28 pm

arlene luyt wrote:Is anyone from facebook even reading the comments posted here? WHY ask for our opinions if this is only a fan based forum then?

If it is a fan based forum and facebook is not reading these comments maybe the person that asked for our feedback should be sending this post on to facebook directly.

No-one objects to change, if its for the better or easier to use. This change is NOT better though AND IT IS NOT easier to use especially with the bookmark toolbar missing at the bottom.

The person that responded with this following message was TOTALLY out of line by telling people to rather use the BIG RED CROSS at the top of the page!!!!!....

" We are not Facebook workers. We're a Fan site and none of us work for Facebook.com

No need to misrespect them "

If you have read the e-mail we sent carefully, we gave a reason.

We are aking for your opinions since we're sending a suggestion to the Facebook Team directly, giving out your opinions to Facebook workers. The more people we are, the more they will listen us

And what was misrectful and forced me to give that comment was Bonnie's comment. If you read the post above that one, this person treated Facebook employees as lazy people who change stuff just because they're bored. I'm not part of the Facebook Team, but I know some employees and they're evry good people; I won't tolerate people misrespecting them. If she doesn't like the new layout she could just have said "I don't like it because of this, this and this". No need to say Facebook people are lazy who don't give support.

Treat others as you wish to be treated. It's that simple.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

New Facebook layout - Page 3 Empty New Facebook look :(

Post by jdmiller Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:11 pm

It has its good points and bad points more bad than good!. I liked being able to access all my favorites from the bottom of the page without going home. I don't like the chat being on the side. To me that is wasting space. The search bar is okay.

I don't like having to go to the Account tab to access the applications. Lets put FB back like it was or at least the bar on the bottom again. That was nice.

Thanks
Delores
jdmiller
jdmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbie25 Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 pm

I would like the 'Live Feeds' back
I don't care to see who is friends with who and who became a fan of what.
I just want simple chatting among your friends and not the garbage.
If not 'Live Feeds' then give us the option to edit what we want to see or not see.
I know you can click 'Hide' but that will hide everything from that person not just the type of postings.

As for the side bar. It is nice but I would like to be able to add stuff like my farm's bonus and adoptions.
Meaning click on 'Farmville' and see only the bonuses and adoptions for that game.

It would be nice to have the bottom bookmark bar back so you don't have to go back to your home page just to go to another game you are in. And to be able to add more bookmarks then just 6. Same with the way it is on the side now. You have only the option to show 3 games.

I have setup some 'Friend' and 'Relative' groups but again when I click on it I have to work my what through the garbage to see just what the chatting is.

Thanks, for listening,
Debbie
Debbie25
Debbie25
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnie Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:34 am

On top of the AWFUL changes the print seems harder to read AND I am getting the FB options SUPER IMPOSED on my messages-- AND I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE-- Several friends have told me this on the phone!-- Can hardly read the msgs because of this--

I WANT the OLD FaceBook BACK! :\'(
Bonnie
Bonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by TR Terry Stiles Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:21 am

Sounds like our Town Council. They ask for your input and then do as they please despite all the negative feedback they receive. So much for pleasing those people they swore to serve. Just put the old FB back and LEAVE IT ALONE!!!
TR Terry Stiles
TR Terry Stiles
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by colleenhursey Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:31 pm

I really HATE this new layout. My request box is missing & I have to go to a completely different site to get my requests, when they used to be right on my home page. Also I cannot access my recently added friends. I notice that I am spending very little time on FB any more because it's such a hassle! I am sure that their advertisers would also love to know what we think. I hope they change it back, because I really don't even enjoy getting on it any more!
colleenhursey
colleenhursey

Back to top Go down

Post by TR Terry Stiles Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:19 am

Amen Colleen! I'm hardly on FB anymore as well. I can't even find my friends on here. Everything used to be at our fingertips but now, you have to go searching for the simplest things. You'd think they'd take time to read all of these comments but don't count on it. Nothing good lasts forever.
TR Terry Stiles
TR Terry Stiles
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dona Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:10 pm

I agree with the posts above that removing the applications bar is a nightmare, and not having the feed filter is a big waste of time!
Dona
Dona

Back to top Go down

Post by arlene luyt Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:36 am

Actually, I just realised that NO-ONE cares. They can see how unhappy everyone is and 61 % have voted that it is awful, yet they continue to do exactly what they want, not caring that the users are the ones having problems with the new layout....
More and more people are leaving facebook - maybe thats what they want, especially when a previous response was to just click the big red cross at the top right of the screen.
arlene luyt
arlene luyt
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:10 am

Hatton7 wrote:Hi all, there is a new facebook layout, what do you guys think? Wink

I'm guessing they probably care about what folks from this forum think about as much as this forum apparently cares about spamming those who have signed up - which is to say apparently not at all.

Back to top Go down

New Facebook layout - Page 3 Empty New Facebook Set Up

Post by TR Terry Stiles Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:03 am

This is friggin' ridiculous! I use to enjoy being on Facebook. Could see all incoming correspondence immediately.
Now I have to go searching just to find my friends which should be at my fingertips. I once had a great time on here....NOT ANY MORE!!!!!! And, I spend very little time on here now.
HOW MANY HAVE TO COMPLAIN BEFORE YOU CHANGE IT "FACEBOOK?" HELLO!!! IS ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO GIVES A ****??? At least have the decency to respond. I'm sure we've got better things to do than complain on here and be ignored. :omg: :please:
TR Terry Stiles
TR Terry Stiles
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:02 pm

TR Terry Stiles wrote:This is friggin' ridiculous! I use to enjoy being on Facebook. Could see all incoming correspondence immediately.
Now I have to go searching just to find my friends which should be at my fingertips. I once had a great time on here....NOT ANY MORE!!!!!! And, I spend very little time on here now.
HOW MANY HAVE TO COMPLAIN BEFORE YOU CHANGE IT "FACEBOOK?" HELLO!!! IS ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO GIVES A ****??? At least have the decency to respond. I'm sure we've got better things to do than complain on here and be ignored. :omg: :please:

Just to let you know, we aren't affiliated, owned by, or run by Facebook. Though we do appreciate your opinions, we can't do anything about them.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:12 pm

brassplyer wrote:This forum apparently cares about spamming those who have signed up - which is to say apparently not at all.

Hello,

You can always select not to receive our Newsletters, so better ask before complaining for no reason.

Profile (button at the top) --> Preferences --> Always notify me of replies : No and Warn me of PM from a PM mailing : No PM Mailing at all

And I remind you this topic to to share your thoughts about the new Facebook Layout; no to complaint about forum newsletters.

And for using rude language when commenting about this, you've gotten yourself an infraction Wink

Regards,
The Listener
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by aspen Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:33 pm

I think I am tending toward dislike after previously thinking it was okay and would get used to it. After using it for a while I would now vote differently.
aspen
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

New Facebook layout - Page 3 Empty Whatever!

Post by TR Terry Stiles Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:01 am

My humble apologies!!!! I've got nothing left to say about this matter or any other matter(s) in the future. All the complaining in the world won't make one iota of difference to whoever is responsible for Facebook. Lesson well learned! I'll stick to "POGO" from now on. It' quiet, exciting, very entertaining and well worth the small fee they charge every year.
TR Terry Stiles
TR Terry Stiles
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:56 pm

TR Terry Stiles wrote:My humble apologies!!!! I've got nothing left to say about this matter or any other matter(s) in the future. All the complaining in the world won't make one iota of difference to whoever is responsible for Facebook. Lesson well learned! I'll stick to "POGO" from now on. It' quiet, exciting, very entertaining and well worth the small fee they charge every year.

None of us is Facebook workers; but in the e-mail we sent everybody regarding this we said we were taking opinions because I thought of sending a mass suggestion to the Facebook Team with your opinions, whether you like it or dislike it Wink

This is just to try making Facebook easier to navigate. Posts such as "IT SUCKS YOU **** STOP CHANGING IT *&/%$&" don't help at all! If you dislike it, as in my case, you can explain why you don't like it, using cordial language.

And to all: Remember Facebook (as well as Facebook Forum) is a free social network; you're not paying to use this service, and you don't need any requirements. So you cannot be bossing around screaming on what Facebook must do. Be polite Wink

And the last little thingy, Facebook always is changing its layout to make it more attractive to eyes... I agree they shouldn't have changed things from places because people could get confused, but I'm sure me and all of you will get used to the new look, like we did with all the previous looks before (the last one suffered HUGE changes, like the new Live Feed, changes in Status, whole layout, Homepage... and almost nobody complainted about it).

Regards Happy Eyes
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Emm-Jay Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:47 pm

You know what?

No matter how much anyone complains about it- Facebook will not change it. They don't have to. Realistically- how many people would actually stop using it just because of some small tweaks here and there? Even all the buggyness of it- yes it sucks- but with so many people and so much happening on Facebook- it is unlikely that they will lose enough users to make a dent big enough for them to wonder why?

Build a bridge and get over it. Facebook is awesome. It's powerful. And we're all so hooked we'll never give it up.

Last edited by Emm-Jay on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to take out "censored" word.)
Emm-Jay
Emm-Jay
Rookie

Back to top Go down

New Facebook layout - Page 3 Empty PLEASE HELP!!

Post by nygiants6 Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:31 am

[Removed]
nygiants6
nygiants6
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by keemyasay Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:17 pm

I just love the way it is
keemyasay
keemyasay
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by lady camille Tue May 04, 2010 9:45 pm

im in between .
liking it and at the same time hating it .
lady camille
lady camille
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3