Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those who appear on your friend list are people who just viewed you (or are they?)

4 posters

Go down

Those who appear on your friend list are people who just viewed you (or are they?) Empty Those who appear on your friend list are people who just viewed you (or are they?)

Post by Ghost Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:46 am

Hi everyone! I just wanted to inquire if anyone has come across the idea that those who appear on your friend list on the left panel of your profile, are people who just recently viewed your profile.

The thought came to me because people I just kept in touch with, pop up on the list as I log in. And these aren't just people I kept in touch with on FB, but through other mediums (text, call, or simply just went out with the person). So it kinda makes sense that they'd have interest to view my profile, and coincidently, show up on my friend list.

Complete coincidence? Or perhaps the friend list is indeed a window to show some people who just recently viewed your profile?

This seems to be a Profile and IN Box question so moving it to there from General

Last edited by ruby1 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Ghost
Ghost
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Those who appear on your friend list are people who just viewed you (or are they?) Empty Re: Those who appear on your friend list are people who just viewed you (or are they?)

Post by aspen Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:07 am

Hi Ghost, My daughter and I did that as an experiment with each others profile but it didn't happen this time. I like the idea of it and will see if it does.It wouldn't surprise me if it does sometime.Maybe someone else has seen it happen?
aspen
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Those who appear on your friend list are people who just viewed you (or are they?) Empty Re: Those who appear on your friend list are people who just viewed you (or are they?)

Post by Ghost Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:20 am

Thanks for the info aspen! Yes, I also wouldn't be surprised if it happens sometimes. In fact my impression is that it isn't exactly a complete "tool" that shows every person who's viewed your profile, but more of an accidental/ by chance thing that "sometimes" shows those who actually viewed.

Do let me know if any more of your experiments work! hehe.

And yes, has anyone else had this experience? Do share!
Ghost
Ghost
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:30 am

Its actually people who you talk to, not people who have viewed your profile. If you have facebook chatted them or have a lengthy wall to wall, they will appear there.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:17 pm

iFacebook wrote:Its actually people who you talk to, not people who have viewed your profile. If you have facebook chatted them or have a lengthy wall to wall, they will appear there.

Exactly Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:42 am

Hmm, that does make some sense, and is easy to mistake the friend list as people who viewed your profile. Is this accurate though? Or just an assumption? Cuz if i remember right, there's still a bunch of friends who I chat with, who don't exactly pop up on the list.
Ghost
Ghost
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aspen Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:19 am

Hi Ghost, We did a more updated test using wall post and an e`mail.Neither of us came up as a friend photo on either site. Maybe there is a time delay?
aspen
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:52 am

You know, I think that's completely possible. You think you and your daughter can check if any of you pop up a day or two after? Happy I'd like to test it myself, but none of my friends or family have the patience to go through the procedure. hehe!
Ghost
Ghost
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aspen Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:51 am

We had another check and found neither up there. What I noticed more was those I have little or no interaction with. Will check next opportunity.
aspen
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by aspen Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:53 am

Again neither came up. But again it seems to be those we have little interaction with.
aspen
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Hmm, that happens to me too. If it's not people whom I feel have a reason to view my profile, it's people who I have little or no interaction with. This totally contradicts my theory of a "those who viewed you" list, and iFacebook's aswell. Oh well. Perhaps there's no relevance to this friend list after all. lol! Anybody else have any experiences on the matter? Happy

Locked and Moved to Solved as no Feedback for a week

Last edited by ruby1 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Ghost
Ghost
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down