Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My facebook INFO layout got changed, help!

3 posters

Go down

My facebook INFO layout got changed, help! Empty My facebook INFO layout got changed, help!

Post by taken Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:03 pm

When i was looking at my facebook INFO, i cllicked on something which asked me to verify or save changes to my location and my school. After that, the layout was different. Everything has been made bigger and less "wordy", everyone elses' seems to be intact whereas mine is also missing the section of my INFO which says what group im a part of. Pages that i have been a part of are now converted into my likes for Music, Movies and Television. I seriously dislike this new format >:-( which got forced upon me and i have no idea how to change it back. I have gone to the help centre but as some of you may know, is probably one of the worst places to look for answers and i have also tried editing my profile in all sorts of ways but to no avail. If there is anyone out there with a similar problem or a solution to mine, kindly help me out here. This is actually killing me to bits >:-( . Thanks.

Moved from Facebook General to Facebook Support ,other problems

Last edited by ruby1 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
taken
taken
Prospect

Back to top Go down

My facebook INFO layout got changed, help! Empty Re: My facebook INFO layout got changed, help!

Post by Kohler Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:43 pm

Facebook really screwed up with this one. I don't mind aesthetic changes, but they've done this without thinking about how people perceive things like fan pages and "likes." For instance, when I click that I "like" some band that I was nuts about when I was a kid, that doesn't mean I want it listed in a "musical likes" category. Sometimes you click a "like" partly as a joke, or to be ironic. It doesn't mean you'd want that band/TV show listed as one of your interests. It was absolutely fine how it was....Facebook should really offer this new layout as an option and not force it on anyone. They've totally disregarded the reasons why people become fans of and "like" things.

Also, this new layout is displaying my email address, which I had previously hidden. I cannot seem to hide it again. Clicking on "edit information" just lets me change the email address. I do not want my email address on display, Facebook! Whomever was responsible for this latest change needs to be fired. It shows a great deal of thoughtlessness and a generally sloppy approach to design. Amazing that it actually got past quality control, too. What the heck is going on at Facebook, are they hitting the bong during working hours now!
Kohler
Kohler

Back to top Go down

My facebook INFO layout got changed, help! Empty Re: My facebook INFO layout got changed, help!

Post by taken Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:01 pm

I just want it to change back to the way it was Duhhh I have an OCD that forces me to make things like these appear neat and in a way I'm comfortable with. This thing is seriously driving me insane >:-(
taken
taken
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:49 pm

taken wrote:When i was looking at my facebook INFO, i cllicked on something which asked me to verify or save changes to my location and my school. After that, the layout was different. Everything has been made bigger and less "wordy", everyone elses' seems to be intact whereas mine is also missing the section of my INFO which says what group im a part of. Pages that i have been a part of are now converted into my likes for Music, Movies and Television. I seriously dislike this new format >:-( which got forced upon me and i have no idea how to change it back. I have gone to the help centre but as some of you may know, is probably one of the worst places to look for answers and i have also tried editing my profile in all sorts of ways but to no avail. If there is anyone out there with a similar problem or a solution to mine, kindly help me out here. This is actually killing me to bits >:-( . Thanks.

Moved from Facebook General to Facebook Support ,other problems

Is this only happening on one computer or on all computers you use?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by taken Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:19 pm

For other computers too. Even other people who view my profile see the same thing.
taken
taken
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by taken Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:08 am

This is what my situation looks like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
taken
taken
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 01, 2010 8:25 am

Is this still a problem?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by taken Sat May 01, 2010 10:42 am

yeah Sad It's still there, apparently no one has a solution though.
taken
taken
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Are you sure YOU are actually logged into the Facebook site when you see this ?

You have not been navigated to another site have you ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by taken Sat May 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Yeah I see that particular layout when I log into my Facebook page. I don't get directed to that link or whatever,I just see that layout which I don't know how to change, its a cosmetic issue really.
taken
taken
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue May 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Is this still a real problem or is it just now a 'cosmetic' issue that you are dealing with ?

No reply Locked and Moved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down