Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suddenly received Facebook account signup e-mails

2 posters

Go down

Suddenly received Facebook account signup e-mails Empty Suddenly received Facebook account signup e-mails

Post by David1121 Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:30 pm

I am not a Facebook user, but I have recently been receiving e-mails from Facebook about an account sign-up (the "Welcome to Facebook" notification, and then a confirm e-mail message). This is weird because I have never signed up an account on Facebook myself!

Upon checking, it looks like someone is creating an account on Facebook with a similar name to mine, and Facebook is registering my e-mail address as the one used for signing up on that account somehow... There are also some people who already added "me" as a friend.

It seems very unlikely that someone gain access to my e-mails because I change password regularly and there is no record of any other IP addresses accessing my account on my log. So the only explanation I could think of is that someone might typed in an incorrect e-mail address when they tried to sign up on Facebook, and that address turned out to be mine!

I have no way to find this out for sure and don't feel comfortable seeing these Facebook e-mails appearing in my inbox. I did a search on Facebook and found that account in question now, so it is definitely active, but don't know if it is still actually tied in to my e-mail address or not.

Is there some way to find out for sure that my e-mail address is not in any way used for signing up for a Facebook account without my consent?
David1121
David1121

Back to top Go down

Suddenly received Facebook account signup e-mails Empty Re: Suddenly received Facebook account signup e-mails

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Are you able to get a friend to log into Facebook and search for what is your email address ?

Can you ask them to find out if that address is associated with anyone yet?

Does that search 'find' anyone ....

Dare one ask if your computer is properly protected and how?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Suddenly received Facebook account signup e-mails Empty Re: Suddenly received Facebook account signup e-mails

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 pm

So that Members know which topics still require assistance, would you please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification; thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down