Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account was disabled and I'm not receiving any e-mails from facebook

2 posters

Go down

Account was disabled and I'm not receiving any e-mails from facebook Empty Account was disabled and I'm not receiving any e-mails from facebook

Post by shopaholic84 Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:31 pm

on july 16th my facebook account and both of my e-mail accounts were hacked into. on july 17th i regained access to my facebook account and e-mail accounts. I secured them and ran virus scans and changed passwords. later in the day on the 17th my facebook account was disabled because of the 419 scam. i filled out the form on facebooks website and replied to the email i received where i had to explain in detail my profile pic and my recent activity. on the 18th of July i received another e-mail from facebook wanting to know my answer to my security question, so i answered that and sent it back. now it is the 21st and i still have a disabled account. I have tried sending other e-mails and i don't get a response. how long will it take before i hear back from them and is there something else i should send them to prove it is me?
shopaholic84
shopaholic84
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Account was disabled and I'm not receiving any e-mails from facebook Empty Re: Account was disabled and I'm not receiving any e-mails from facebook

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:37 pm

shopaholic84 wrote:on july 16th my facebook account and both of my e-mail accounts were hacked into. on july 17th i regained access to my facebook account and e-mail accounts. I secured them and ran virus scans and changed passwords. later in the day on the 17th my facebook account was disabled because of the 419 scam. i filled out the form on facebooks website and replied to the email i received where i had to explain in detail my profile pic and my recent activity. on the 18th of July i received another e-mail from facebook wanting to know my answer to my security question, so i answered that and sent it back. now it is the 21st and i still have a disabled account. I have tried sending other e-mails and i don't get a response. how long will it take before i hear back from them and is there something else i should send them to prove it is me?

Although it is frustrating ,I think you are trying to make things progress too fast...

Facebook need to 'check you out ' to make sure you are who you say you are

Do you know how you got Hacked? Did you use a public /shared computer/ leave your log in details on the computer/let a third party know your log in...
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Account was disabled and I'm not receiving any e-mails from facebook Empty Re: Account was disabled and I'm not receiving any e-mails from facebook

Post by shopaholic84 Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:43 pm

I do not know for sure how I got hacked. I believe it was a case where facebook wanted me to login again to view the contents of the page but it might not have been a real facebook page. I could be wrong with this but both my e-mails and facebook were hacked. I didn't use a public computer, I used my own.

I was able to regain access 24hours after I got hacked on July 17th but then that night I was disabled. Do you know how long it might take for facebook to allow me to regain access? When they sent the first automated message where I detail my profile pic and what was on my status, I received another e-mail the next day asking my security question, is that a sign that they are working on it or just another automated message?
shopaholic84
shopaholic84
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Of interest, which URL do you use for Facebook?

facebook wanted me to login again to view the contents of the page

Curious

why did Facebook ask you to log in again

How did they do that ?

I do wonder if you actually got Phished....

of interest, which scans did you run on the computer for finding malware?

What is your protection ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shopaholic84 Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:02 pm

Normally when I get on facebook i just go to facebook.com and then log in. But this time I got a screen that popped up on my newsfeed and I figured my account had "timed out" and needed to be logged in again. I never thought to look at the url to see if it was actually facebook.com.

I used Microsoft Security Essentials and Malware Bytes and Norton Anti-Virus to scan my computer. The Security Essentials found spyware and took care of it. When my facebook got hacked my yahoo and gmail accounts got hacked too and both of my accounts sent e-mails to all of my contacts that I was in Germany and needed money transfered. Is there anything else I can do for facebook to get my account running again or do I have to wait?
shopaholic84
shopaholic84
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:07 pm

shopaholic84 wrote:

I used Microsoft Security Essentials and Malware Bytes and Norton Anti-Virus to scan my computer. The Security Essentials found spyware and took care of it. When my facebook got hacked my yahoo and gmail accounts got hacked too and both of my accounts sent e-mails to all of my contacts that I was in Germany and needed money transfered. Is there anything else I can do for facebook to get my account running again or do I have to wait?

Do you have both these antivirus programs installed?

Of interest do you have a scan from Malwarebytes to show us?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shopaholic84 Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Yes I have both antivirus programs installed. I do not have a scan for you to look at but the things Malwarebytes found was all adware from popcap, hot bar, and gamevance.

I was wondering, when i went to facebook and clicked to regain access to my disabled account i did it 2 different times with 2 different e-mail addresses is that going to affect how long i get access to my account?
shopaholic84
shopaholic84
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:41 pm

shopaholic84 wrote:Yes I have both antivirus programs installed. I do not have a scan for you to look at but the things Malwarebytes found was all adware from popcap, hot bar, and gamevance.

I was wondering, when i went to facebook and clicked to regain access to my disabled account i did it 2 different times with 2 different e-mail addresses is that going to affect how long i get access to my account?

I am sorry but it it probable you are infected

You should never have two installed antivirus Programs on any computer

You need to uninstall one of them ( choice is yours ) . reboot and fully update the remaining one

Also fully update the Malwarebytes program, reboot and run full computer scans with the one remaining antivirus program and the Malwarebytes program and tell us that result ..

Make sure that the scan results are saved in the Malwarebytes program for review

When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
Exit MBAM when done.

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shopaholic84 Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 pm

I did what you said and Malware Bytes didn't detect anything and this time Microsoft Security Essentials didn't detect anything either. here is the Malware bytes report

alwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Database version: 4052

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

7/21/2010 6:48:51 PM
mbam-log-2010-07-21 (18-48-51).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 120072
Time elapsed: 14 minute(s), 46 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

My uncle is a computer tech and he helped me with all of my virus/malware programs, so I know I am ok now. But back to my other question, I was wondering, when i went to facebook and clicked to regain access to my disabled account i did it 2 different times with 2 different e-mail addresses is that going to affect how long i get access to my account?
shopaholic84
shopaholic84
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:04 pm

So which one antivirus program do you have installed?

Have you again checked your email accounts?

Do you know that both of the email addresses you had associated with Facebook are still so?

Can you still send and receive email from both accounts?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shopaholic84 Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:08 pm

I still have microsoft security essentials installed.

My e-mail accounts are fine and working normally. I can send and receive e-mails with both accounts. Only my yahoo account is associated with facebook and it is running just fine.

shopaholic84
shopaholic84
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:30 am

shopaholic84 wrote:I still have microsoft security essentials installed.

My e-mail accounts are fine and working normally. I can send and receive e-mails with both accounts. Only my yahoo account is associated with facebook and it is running just fine.

I suggest you communicate with Facebook using the Primary Email address only ( the one that got hacked that you say you now have complete control over )

Which form did you use to try to regain access to Facebook ??
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:53 pm

As there has been no reply this is assumed solved
If you require further help please start a fresh thread

Thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down