Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled account

4 posters

Go down

Disabled account Empty Account disabled on the morning of 08/25.

Post by T1234 Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi all,

I was up until a bit after midnight on the site on the 24th and the next morning on the 25th, I was asked to "log-in" - I did, and I was "disabled" - I received no warning to stop an action or that I was doing anything improper, ever. I've been a user of the site for many years and this is the first issue that I have had with it whatsoever. I've e-mailed the e-mail addresses that are out there and don't know what else I can do. As of late I had been receiving odd chat messages from friends containing spam and weird links... I'd just close them out.

I may have clicked on one by mistake while going to close one of those chat windows. That's all I can think of? Up and running for years, and now all of the sudden "disabled" ~ On Friday evening I received a "Getting back onto Facebook" e-mail. When I attempted to click the "Get back on Facebook now" or "Instant Login" links, no luck. Still disabled.

I have went through the "Account Safety Process" and when I attempt to have the "security code" sent to my e-mail it will not allow. It is an error message. It will send to my mobile phone, though. When I enter it and finish up with the remainder of the process, I do get the "you've successfully re-activated your account!" - But, when I click on "Return to Facebook home" - It gives me an "Oops..." message and I am still disabled.

Thank you for reading.

T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Disabled account Empty Disabled account

Post by T1234 Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:13 am

I cannot have the security code e-mailed to me. It gives an error message. It can be sent to mobile phone, though. Once entered I complete the "Account Safety Process" and get the following page... and, as soon as I click "Go to Facebook home" I get "Oops..." and I remain disabled. Sad

Thanks Timothy - you've successfully restored your account
Account Safety Tips

* Use a different password for each of your online accounts
* If you click a link to get to Facebook, check the website address when you arrive to make sure it's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (not [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for example)
* Always upgrade to the most current version of your web browser and keep your anti-virus software up-to-date

Check out the Help Center for more tips to help you keep your account safe in the future.

Become a fan of the Facebook Security page to stay on top of the latest information related to account safety.

T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Disabled account Empty Re: Disabled account

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:36 am

I have split off and merged and moved your two posts; do not post on someone else's topic or thread
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by T1234 Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:51 am

I apologize, Ruby. Do you think that my case is falling under the potential "glitch" category? I mean, if I were disabled due to a violation or something I did wrong (which I truly can't think of) would I have received the "Getting back onto Facebook" e-mail? I've also received the following response.

I'm just confused. Sad

Subject: Re: Account Safety Process
Date: 8/28/2010 1:04:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time
To: -----------@.com

Hi,

Our systems show that you have successfully completed the account recovery process. If you are still unable to access your account, please attempt to reset the password to your account by selecting the "Forgot your password?" link that appears above the Password field. Entering your login email address on the next page will cause a new password to be sent to that email address.

If you are still experiencing security issues, please respond to this email with the relevant details so we can secure your account. If you have any other questions about account safety, please visit our Security page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Titoos Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:54 am

T1234 wrote:I apologize, Ruby. Do you think that my case is falling under the potential "glitch" category? I mean, if I were disabled due to a violation or something I did wrong (which I truly can't think of) would I have received the "Getting back onto Facebook" e-mail? I've also received the following response.

I'm just confused. Sad

Subject: Re: Account Safety Process
Date: 8/28/2010 1:04:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time
To: -----------@.com

Hi,

Our systems show that you have successfully completed the account recovery process. If you are still unable to access your account, please attempt to reset the password to your account by selecting the "Forgot your password?" link that appears above the Password field. Entering your login email address on the next page will cause a new password to be sent to that email address.

If you are still experiencing security issues, please respond to this email with the relevant details so we can secure your account. If you have any other questions about account safety, please visit our Security page:

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

If you still cannot log in, just answer this email, and tell them that the problem still exists. They should get back to you in a few hours and the problem should be resolved. Good luck.
Titoos
Titoos
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by T1234 Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:58 am

I did reply on the 28th when I had received it and included a screen shot of the disabled message I receive regardless of what steps I complete. I truly hope it gets resolved soon... I suppose getting e-mails saying "click here to get back on Facebook!" are better than getting no e-mails at all... just so I get back up and running. That would be excellent.
T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:34 pm

I have been looking at the Facebook blog and Facebook News which is of little help at present.......

maybe try

just try.......
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by T1234 Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Thank you. I have submitted the message, gotten an automated response and have replied with the requested screenshot and verification of account ownership.
T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by T1234 Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Has anyone heard back from these two addresses as of today?

info+7p07d2@support.facebook.com

privacy+gvicvs@support.facebook.com
T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:42 pm

T1234 wrote:Has anyone heard back from these two addresses as of today?

info+7p07d2@support.facebook.com

privacy+gvicvs@support.facebook.com

No one has yet reported on their own thread any success but have you tried?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by T1234 Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Yes. Last evening around 8:50PM CST.
T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by T1234 Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Received this on 08/27. Remain disabled. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Disabled account Empty Curious...

Post by T1234 Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Does anyone know if there is a difference in meaning between:

"Your account has been disabled"

and

"Your account has been disabled by an administrator"

?
T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by T1234 Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 pm

EDIT: Following this post, I have been allowed to send a private message. Thank you.

How can I send a Private Message? I see the following under Administrator Tim's badge photo:

"Helping you, T1234, and no reply from me after 2 days? Drop me a PM. "

I have not made enough posts to send a private message, I am being told. I should send a private message to him, yes? :please:
T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJay Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:35 pm

PM'ing Tim will not do anything but get you ignored.

I'd appreciate it you do not double, triple or beyond post within 24hours of each post.

I understand your frustration, we are doing everything to find a solution to this problem also Sad

Thanks for your understanding,

JayJay
JayJay
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:32 am

T1234 wrote:EDIT: Following this post, I have been allowed to send a private message. Thank you.

How can I send a Private Message? I see the following under Administrator Tim's badge photo:

"Helping you, T1234, and no reply from me after 2 days? Drop me a PM. "

I have not made enough posts to send a private message, I am being told. I should send a private message to him, yes? :please:

No support is given by Pm so do not request it please
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by T1234 Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:47 pm

So, here's something odd. I am noticing on my mobile phone, status updates from some friends like from the 29th, and today. When I try to reply to one, it says "The Facebook account associated with this phone is no longer activated. Go to facebook.com to reactivate."

What does this all mean??? Still remain disabled!
T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:00 pm

T1234 wrote:So, here's something odd. I am noticing on my mobile phone, status updates from some friends like from the 29th, and today. When I try to reply to one, it says "The Facebook account associated with this phone is no longer activated. Go to facebook.com to reactivate."

What does this all mean??? Still remain disabled!

just a hunch.....

try logging in here

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by T1234 Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks, Ruby. Still receive:

"Account Disabled

Your account has been disabled. If you have any questions or concerns, you can visit our FAQ page here."
T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by T1234 Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:56 pm

Response from privacy+gvicvs@support.facebook.com:

The original message was received at Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:24:10 -0700
from pp-in02 [127.0.0.1]

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... Deferred
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

Final-Recipient: RFC822; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Action: delayed
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:44:09 -0700
Will-Retry-Until: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 14:24:10 -0700

T1234
T1234
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down