Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

facebook

2 posters

Go down

facebook Empty Re: facebook

Post by megamonty Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:48 pm

sethst wrote:my account on Facebook wasn't at the 100% 'complete' status. Has anyone seen a pattern with the accounts that are getting bitten by this? Is it people who were sort of new, or just anyone who didn't have a mobile phone on record with Facebook?

When you say the 100% complete status, do you mean the progress bar under you profile pic? If so this doesn't matter if your not at 100% complete or not, this only is Facebook's way of getting you to add more info / friends to your profile etc and can be ignored.

If this is of any help, I created 2 new accounts back in July both kept displaying the annoying "Captcha" boxes when adding friends etc, the only way to stop this was to verify the account by a mobile phone of which I did, so far I have never got the locked out screens people are now experiencing. So I wonder if this was the next step taken by Facebook now requiring all new accounts to be verified.

On a 3rd Account I still use occasionally, I've had for a few years it has never displayed the annoying "Captcha" boxes or been locked out and asking for verification by mobile phone.

Last edited by megamonty on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
megamonty
Regular

Back to top Go down

facebook Empty facebook

Post by megamonty Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:04 pm

sethst wrote:Reading the stickies, since threads that aren't updated are being moved, doing a cursory update here: I've been trying at least 4-5 times a day to log into the Facebook account, with no luck. I've not gotten any replies to any emails sent directly to addresses posted in the stickies; only canned responses from emails sent with Facebook's forms.

Perhaps others here, whose problems haven't been resolved, might considered sending their situation to some of the online tech zines, as well?

3 months and still waiting for a response to an account issue, but when ever I criticise Facebook help or the lack of it on this forum the moderators take a dislike to it and delete my posts. I don't see what can be gained by effectively covering up such issues.
megamonty
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:47 am

Posts yet again split from someone elses thread
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content