Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot Access Account

+3
Drashou
Ruby
The_Mrs
7 posters

Go down

Cannot Access Account Empty Cannot Access Account

Post by The_Mrs Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi there,

I know a lot of us are having trouble due to the Roadblock issue and confirming our accounts via mobile provider. I typed this question into google, and not only did I find this wonderful forum, but it turns out we are not alone in this fatal Facebook problem! Please read the article below and leave a comment. The more comments we leave, the more likely that this gets recognized as a serious invasion of privacy and a major meltdown on behalf of Facebook. I hope we can all get our accounts back quickly! Here is the link to the article:

http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-san-diego/is-facebook-asking-for-users-mobile-access#comment-11796776

Thanks for taking the time to read! Very Happy
The_Mrs
The_Mrs
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Cannot Access Account Empty Re: Cannot Access Account

Post by Ruby Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:06 am

Moved from Facebook support to General section for a General discussion on the Facebook Verification problem ; seems to be the intent of the poster; link goes to an article on examiner.com ; seems to be a good read

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Drashou Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:33 pm

yea, a friend on mine got that problem on her facebook account as well. It's ridiculous that you can only verify yourself though a cell phone. How can Facebook be so simple minded?? Not everyone in the world got cell phone you know...
Drashou
Drashou
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by inquiringmind Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 am

I have a friend who got blocked - no warning, just got blocked. And they do not have a cell phone. I only got my first one recently but I have no idea how to text, or even know for sure whether it texts. This one is unbelievable.
inquiringmind
inquiringmind
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lilo&stitch Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:07 am

I am the "original" anonymous on here. I have been locked out of my account now for ten days. When I had researched the topic on Facebook, (I believe the post has now been removed) Facebook said they were aware of the problem and they were doing everything they could to try and fix it. I am going to continue to email them daily. I have a few different contact emails for them, in case anyone is interested. Please let me know if anyone gets back into their account! Thanks!
lilo&stitch
lilo&stitch

Back to top Go down

Post by inquiringmind Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:22 am

My friend is still blocked and yesterday evening another friend also got the message. Both do not have cell phones.

Is FaceBook trying to get rid of older people? They could have told us in advance so we could make other arrangements.
inquiringmind
inquiringmind
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Mrs Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:05 pm

I don't think it has anything to do with age. I am 27, I don't consider myself "older". I think that there is a severe glitch in their system and they have no idea how to fix it. It's been almost 2 weeks since I could login. I have sent many emails, everyday, and still no response, which tells me they are overwhelmed with a number of users experiencing this problem. I refuse to give them my cell phone or purchase anything for a website that claims to provide "free" service. I have also written to many major News stations and reported them to the BBB. I suggest you all do the same, if you want your voice to be heard.
The_Mrs
The_Mrs
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by inquiringmind Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Oh, I was just thinking that younger people are more likely to have cell phones than older people . . . not that they want to give out their number either.

It's just compounds the annoyance when they do not make any announcements about it. If there is a glitch, say there is a glitch. The only halfway official statement makes it sound intentional.

Great idea about contacting the media, though.
inquiringmind
inquiringmind
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Mrs Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks!

I don't know whether it's intentional or not. A number of users do not have access to cell phones, and even if they did, whose to say they are providing legit numbers and not just "borrowing" them from someone else. That would not justify their accounts would it? By providing a false phone number? I think that since we have already confirmed out accounts that we should not have to provide any other kind of proof that we are not robots. I know some of my friends are experiencing this issue and some are not, so it seems to be selective. I wonder how much activity has gone down on their site, since a lot of people cannot login. I just sent a few more emails to other news programs. I don't think that in any way, shape, or form, what they are asking for can be considered legal. happy
The_Mrs
The_Mrs
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cinders333 Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:43 pm

I have been having trouble entering facebook period. It keeps saying the link has been broken. This is getting very frustrating.
cinders333
cinders333

Back to top Go down

Post by snoopy888 Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:19 pm

On 21 Sept 2010, I find myself unable to login to my Facebook account. Upon entering the correct username/password, I am directed to a mobile verification roadblock at https://ssl.facebook.com/roadblock/ which requests me to go through a 3-step mobile phone identity verification process which I am unable to complete even the 1st step. This is very annoying. I have sent mumerous emails to Facebook and have not received any responses. Can anyone help me please?
snoopy888
snoopy888

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down