Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protect your Facebook Account!

2 posters

Go down

Protect your Facebook Account! Empty Protect your Facebook Account!

Post by iMeow Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:53 pm

I've been searching around here and haven't found a topic about the account security feature. If there is a topic about this, sorry you may delete it. Very Happy

Anyways, a friend of mine showed this to me a couple weeks back. She was surprised to see that someone from the UK (she lives in the Philippines) accessed her Facebook account. She immediately changed her password after she was notified.

There's a feature in Facebook that allows you to "name" the device you are using. That way, you'd be notified (e-mail and SMS) if your account has been accessed from somewhere other than your registered devices. Whichever device you use, if you login to Facebook for the first time after enabling this, you'll have to name that device; so that you'll know if someone logs into your account using that device. There's an option not to notify you if you login from that device, i.e: Home computer.

Here's a screenshot of the 'devices' page.
Protect your Facebook Account! 97529890

If you access Facebook on your home PC but haven't enabled this, you'll be greeted with this:*
Protect your Facebook Account! 30699703

*Note: If you had checked the box "Keep me signed in" You'll have to re-sign in, in order for the Add devices page to appear.

Check the box "Don't ask again from this device" if you are NOT on a shared computer.

Hope this helps and prevents your account from being stolen!

This method will not make your account 100% safe. But it adds security.

You can find this by going to Account > Account Settings > Account security

SMS notifications are free Very Happy.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Protect your Facebook Account! Empty Re: Protect your Facebook Account!

Post by Ruby Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:42 pm

*ahem*

You seem to have neglected to read the Pinned topics ; more specifically .....

http://www.thefacebookforum.net/general-f6/to-register-a-computer-with-facebook-t6484.htm

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down