Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FB not loading since last night

3 posters

Go down

FB not loading since last night Empty FB not loading since last night

Post by shamrock Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:50 am

OK, I'm back with a new FB problem... Last night (11:00 pm my time) I was chatting with a friend when suddenly my FB was not responding. I logged out and back in, same problem. Cleared cache, cleaned disk and rebooted my PC. Still not loading. I thought is was temporary and gave up.

This morning, at 8:00 am, this is still happening. I log in, see my page for a second, then the screen goes white, I get the little hourglass, and the "not responding" message at the top of the screen.

I have heard that chat is creating problems to other users.

I have no idea what to do to solve this. I can't even open a ticket because I can't do anything in FB.

Can someone please help?
shamrock
shamrock
Prospect

Back to top Go down

FB not loading since last night Empty Re: FB not loading since last night

Post by Admin Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:53 am

What browser are you currently using? Have you added any Facebook prototypes/extensions lately?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shamrock Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:01 am

Hi The Listerner.

I am using IE which is the browser I always use. I don't know what you mean by FB prototypes or extensions, but I don't recall having added any lately. Wink
shamrock
shamrock
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:53 am

Try using another browser like Chrome. If it still doesn't work, try using another computer.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shamrock Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:18 am

I tried using another computer (my computer at work), and it still won't load. I can't try another browser from work, so I will try at home, but it's not looking good. Also, I tried accessing a friend's account, and hers works fine.
shamrock
shamrock
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:03 am

There's a section in application settings that contain Facebook prototypes. Very Happy I think. Hmm, yeah it isn't looking to well. I doubt it's anything to do with your account though.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shamrock Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:29 am

Meow, I thank you for your help. However, I'm think it is my account. As I said, I tried 2 different computers and get the same result. Furthermore, I tried a friend's account here at work, right after trying mine, and she logged in just fine. If it were my home computer, I would be able to log in from my work one which is a state of the art computer, wouldn't I?

Also, I tried googling my plight and it seems this is happening to a lot of people. On an Italian FB forum (that's where I live) a guy was complaining about having exactly the same problem, and he too said it happened while he was using the FB chat fuction. Another person told him to ask the friend he was chatting with to delete him from their friend list. He did and that seems to have worked. I have asked the friend I was chatting with last night to do the same, so fingers crossed. Mind you, she actually had the same issue last night (we communicated via pm on a forum we both frequent), so I'm not even sure if she can access her account. Sad
shamrock
shamrock
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Woah, yeah I mean if you were able to login from your work computer, then we'd be able to isolate the problem. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Cat

I've had similar problems where Facebook wouldn't load for me when I chat with a few friends; but it'd just be back to normal after a few minutes. Hopefully doing that will "restore" your account and that she'd be actually able to access her account.

Wishing you the best of luck! Very Happy
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shamrock Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Well, it has solved itself after almost 24 hours, thank goodness.

Thanks to Meow and The Listerner for trying to help. Happy
shamrock
shamrock
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:29 pm

That's awesome, glad we could help! Very Happy

=> Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down