Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My posts on the news feed are being deleted

3 posters

Go down

My posts on the news feed are being deleted Empty My posts on the news feed are being deleted

Post by pagrandma59 Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am

A friend posted on the news feed so I commented on her topic. Several other people also posted before and after my comment but when I went back to see the thread only my post was deleted. I posted at the end of the thread and again when I went back to the thread my post was once again deleted. I was under the impression that only I can delete something that I have posted. Do I need to change my security settings?
pagrandma59
pagrandma59

Back to top Go down

My posts on the news feed are being deleted Empty Re: My posts on the news feed are being deleted

Post by Admin Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:00 pm

Are you sure the friend who posted the status isn't deleting your comments after you post them?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

My posts on the news feed are being deleted Empty Re: My posts on the news feed are being deleted

Post by pagrandma59 Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I mentioned it to my friend and she didn't delete them, she didn't even read them. She thinks that someone accessed her account and deleted them. Long story, childish people. So she has changed her password since this whole incident.

So getting back to my question - the only people who can delete a comment are either the person who posted the original comment or the person making a reply to it correct? Or is it only my friend because hers was the original comment? Just curious for future use.
pagrandma59
pagrandma59

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:48 pm

I mentioned it to my friend and she didn't delete them, she didn't even read them. She thinks that someone accessed her account and deleted them. Long story, childish people. So she has changed her password since this whole incident.

She can check if someone did that on Account >> Account Settings >> Security. Read the recent logs there.

the only people who can delete a comment are either the person who posted the original comment or the person making a reply to it correct? Or is it only my friend because hers was the original comment? Just curious for future use.

Both owner of the status and owner of the comment can delete it. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pagrandma59 Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Have a great holiday!
pagrandma59
pagrandma59

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:46 pm

pagrandma59 wrote:Thanks for clearing that up for me. Have a great holiday!

>>>>Sent to solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down