Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiding posts from others on my News Feed page

3 posters

Go down

Hiding posts from others on my News Feed page Empty Hiding posts from others on my News Feed page

Post by Charles Mullen Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Why is it that when I hide a post from a Facebook friend or others, no matter how many times I attempt to hide it, the post returns to the News Feed page when the page is refreshed? The only way to keep individual posts from reappearing is to hide ALL posts from that person or organization. I have no problem deleting posts from The Wall and having them remain deleted.

Moved from General to Facebook support privacy
Charles Mullen
Charles Mullen
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Hiding posts from others on my News Feed page Empty Re: Hiding posts from others on my News Feed page

Post by Admin Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:37 pm

This is a general issue that has been reported already. The Known Issues on Facebook page announced it was being worked on. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Hiding posts from others on my News Feed page Empty Re: Hiding posts from others on my News Feed page

Post by Charles Mullen Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:15 pm

The Listener, thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

I can't find any "Known Issues" link in this forum or anywhere in my Facebook account. Of course, the fact that I'm a new user to both is probably the reason.
Charles Mullen
Charles Mullen
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:19 pm

The Facebook page can be found at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and it's managed by Facebook employees.

The status where they mentioned this issue seems to be gone now, though. Either they fixed the problem or regretted posting that?

You can submit a bug report [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], anyway. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:41 am

Moved from Privacy Support to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles Mullen Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:47 pm

Well, since this is a known issue and Facebook has apparently decided to do nothing about it or respond to my bug reports, or even acknowledge receiving them, and since nobody in the Facebook Forum has any idea how to correct the problem, I suppose I'll simply give up and start blocking everything from everyone. It should be very simple to fix the bug, but Facebook doesn't care; typical corporate response.
Charles Mullen
Charles Mullen
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down