Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community pages

3 posters

Go down

Community pages Empty Community pages

Post by Maisie Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:01 am

Hello - I created a community page in Facebook, and from there did a search on some topics I was interested in, and pressed the *like* button on those pages. I then found out that my regular profile showed up on those pages *friends*, instead of my *community page profile*. I wasn't intending on people to be checking out my regular profile, as that is meant for family and friends only. I was intending on advertising with my community page, and was hoping to build up some (I guess you would call it) fans?

Would anyone be able to shed some light on my confusion please? Lol - am finding Facebook not too user friendly in this aspect!
Thanks!
Maisie
Maisie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Community pages Empty Re: Community pages

Post by Admin Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:20 am

I then found out that my regular profile showed up on those pages *friends*, instead of my *community page profile*.

Could you please share a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of what you mean by this? Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:52 am

Ok - I guess only the recent *like* friends show up on their fanpage, so am not visible anymore, so a screenshot will not be relevant.

What I did, when I went to a page of an organization, (from my own community page) - I pressed a *like* button. Well, I'm pretty sure I remember my regular profile then showing up in their *friends* list. But I wanted only my *community page* to show up in their friends list, NOT my regular profile ...............I hope that made sense....LOL!!
Maisie
Maisie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:57 am

Yes, I just liked another page - I'm supposing it's a community page, and my regular profile (not my community page profile page) shows up in their *friends* or people who *like* this box.
The whole reason for me creating my community page was to start directing traffic there, but am finding it's not working, as i seem to be driving traffic back to my regular profile....
Maisie
Maisie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:10 am

Maisie wrote:What I did, when I went to a page of an organization, (from my own community page) - I pressed a *like* button. Well, I'm pretty sure I remember my regular profile then showing up in their *friends* list.

FYI, Community Pages don't have Friend Lists. Are you referring to this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

... or this?

Both of them are taken from different types of pages Wink

Maisie wrote: But I wanted only my *community page* to show up in their friends list, NOT my regular profile ...............I hope that made sense....LOL!!

You can't 'like' stuff using your page. You can only do that using your personal profile; hence it shows up like that Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:02 pm

It was the bottom pic where my profile pic shows up (like the one that says 1668 people like this).

All right - now I understand that my profile is the one that will show up if I like people's pages - so, no point in doing that. SO........ how do I drive traffic to my community page? This is where I want the traffic!

Thanks......Happy!
Maisie
Maisie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:02 pm

All right - now I understand that my profile is the one that will show up if I like people's pages - so, no point in doing that. SO........ how do I drive traffic to my community page? This is where I want the traffic!

You want to drive traffic from your profile to your Community Page? Well, you could...

1. Make a profile picture that includes the link to your Page
2. Leave the link to your page on your Wall and make it visible to Everyone on Account >> Privacy Settings >> View settings >> Posts by me
3. Suggest your page to your friends (Go to your page >> Suggest to Friends)

If that's what you're looking for Happy You could also ask the admin of that page you 'liked' to add your page as favorite, and you could add his page to your favorites as well.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:02 am

Ok thank you - how would I add someone else's community page - is that the same thing as *liking* a page?
Maisie
Maisie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:32 am

No, add as favorite. It means to add that page into a box on your page's profile. Have a look at this example >> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Have a look at the "Favorite Pages" widget.

To add a page as favorite, just go to that page and click the "Add to my page favorites" link below the profile picture.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:39 am

I have another question - when someone *likes* your community page, aren't all your posts supposed to show up on their wall?
Maisie
Maisie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:57 am

Sometimes I stupidly confuse Community with Official Pages. Which one are you talking about?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you mean the 1st one, the posts where you mention the name of the page should apprear on the Related Posts feed in case your wall is visible to everybody.
If you mean the 2nd one, nope. That feature isn't available for that kind of pages yet.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:28 am

Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content