Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

deleting wall

3 posters

Go down

deleting wall Empty deleting wall

Post by 223 Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:11 am

hi there

first of all: sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand me ;-)

i just wanted to delete all of my old wall entries. i began with the newest and clicked me down to the oldest. every time i deleted a couple of entries, there is a title "no new activities".
..because i was nerving about ~10 titles "no new activities" i refreshed the window to load the wall without these stupid messages. after that i had to click "older posts" to get my older wall posts. i did that several times and cleaned up all entries from the last 2 years.

now my problem:
as i reloaded the wall for the x-th time, i just couldn't access to the very old posts anymore. there is only a message displayed that there are no new posts. i can't click "older posts" cause there is no link like that. it seems my wall is clean but it isn't. i checked this with the facebook app for iphone and saw that there are very old entries shown on top of my wall. so i started to delete these posts over the iphone. i deleted as much as i can, but now it says: "no new posts".

i know there are new posts cause when my girlfriend is watching my wall, she can see old posts.
well.. this really sucks. first of all i lost a lot of time with deleting posts, and further i'm really unhappy that the friends which are visiting my wall are going to see 2 year old entries and older at the top of my wall. everybody can see them, except me.

i found an addon called iMacro with some source code to create a macro which deletes all entries of the own wall. it already runs 2 hours and not seems to solving my problem.

please help me, this forum is my last hope. if i can't solve this stupid issue, i'm going to delete my account. (which would be really bad, loosing all these contacts from all over the world)

__
i don't get how they can develop such a huge web-application and making such stupid errors. i'm a developer as well and i give a **** on the facebook-developers work. they are nothing but overpayed. [just my two cents]

thank you for reading and might helping me finding a solution.
Prospect

Back to top Go down

deleting wall Empty Re: deleting wall

Post by Admin Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:19 am

Please watch your language and don't insult the Facebook Developers Team. I bet you don't know how much they're paid or how and where they work, so don't make up false pretextes about them and respect what they do. After all, Facebook is a free website!

Go to your wall, and change [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and www for ssl. That's the safe mode, and most of the times it works way better than the usual http protocol one. For instance,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] >> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Let me know if then you can see your posts Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by 223 Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:52 am

..okay you're right, sorry for that! it just makes me angry.. (don't forget this is one of the biggest group all over the world and it still has some children's disease)

let us talk about the topic:
i made the changes u suggested but unfortunately there is no difference, i can't see my old posts..

i ran an iMacro script for about 4 hours, but sadly, it can't fix this misery.

there is some other phenomenon as well: my girlfriend sees posts on my wall which are relatively new but i'm not chummily with this persons anymore. (but she is) - i can't see them, i can't delete them..

my solution at the moment is to lock the wall for everyone.. not a good solution, but the only one which works.

greetings 223
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:58 am

Does your wall work properly on any of the following sites?

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Only visible for some phone carriers)
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by 223 Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:06 pm

hi Listener,
thank you for your fast replies!

unfortunately there are no posts to see on "touch site" and "mobile site"..!

greetings

Last edited by 223 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake in writing)
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:18 am

Moved from Profile to AR

>>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<<

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by 223 Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:44 am

i made some new comments and things like that in the last few days and took a look at my wall now. the problem seems to be solved: when i click "old posts", i can see the old posts.

i'm using iMacro plugin for firefox right now to delete automatically all posts on my wall.

thank you for your support!

topic is closed

greetings
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down