Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account Temporarily Suspended

2 posters

Go down

Account Temporarily Suspended Empty Account Temporarily Suspended

Post by jordan93 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:09 am

My issue started over three weeks ago. I tryed to sign into my facebook account, and it took me to a page saying "are you aware your password has been changed at (so and so time that day)" I clicked no, which facebook then asked me to change my password. I did so through my email account. I then tryed to sign into my account with my new secure password. It then takes me to this page.

"Your account has been temporarily suspended.
Suspicious activity has been detected on your Facebook account and it has been temporarily suspended as a security precaution. It is likely that your account was compromised as a result of entering your password on a website designed to look like Facebook. This type of attack is known as phishing."

I then click continue which takes me to a security question code, after entering the code, it then takes me to the next step which is contacting user operations team. I have contacted them, and they then sent an email to my email adress to confirm it was my account which had been hacked or phished. I verified to them it was my account. Over the last three weeks i have had no reply at all, and i have contacted them over 6 times explaining my issue and i tryed to change my password again, which again the same problem, i am still suspended. I do understand facebook has millions or users and may have took some time to fix the problem but definately not this long. I do not understand why my account is still suspended when i have a new secure password so whoever or whatever was accessing my account would no longer be able to. I do not want to have to make a new facebook account, and facebook says i shouldn't but it has been three long weeks and after no help what so ever i'm assuming im going to have to.
I do have AVG protection on my computer.
Please help if anyone has a way to fix this.

jordan93
jordan93

Back to top Go down

Account Temporarily Suspended Empty Re: Account Temporarily Suspended

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:14 am

My issue started over three weeks ago. I tryed to sign into my facebook account, and it took me to a page saying "are you aware your password has been changed at (so and so time that day)" I clicked no, which facebook then asked me to change my password. I did so through my email account. I then tryed to sign into my account with my new secure password. It then takes me to this page.

Any changes on your Account are notified to you by Facebook
Mine looks like....
You recently changed your Facebook password. As a security precaution, this notification has been sent to all email addresses associated with your account.

If you have not changed your password, your account may have been the victim of a phishing scam.Please learn more about this, and how to regain access to your account

Did you get such a Notification at all?
I did so through my email account

You have to log into Facebook itself and go to Account to change the Password on your Facebook access ; this does not change to Password on your email account but on how you access Facebook......

Presently do you have access to and can you send and receive emails using the Email address you have associated with Facebook

( send yourself an email..do you receive it or not?)

What is the URL you use to access Facebook?

Have you White-listed all email addresses that may be Facebook related so you miss no email they may send you ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan93 Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 am

'Any changes on your Account are notified to you by Facebook '

Yes, facebook did notify me, but i had only seen that email in my inbox after i had gone through the whole process, of facebook telling me my password had been changed , facebook then allowed me to change my password as said, by sending a reset password confirmation to my email. I don't check my hotmail unless i am expecting something. so i was unaware of this notification of my password being changed in the first place by the hacker or phisher, untill after i had gone through the process of changing my password.

"You have to log into Facebook itself and go to Account to change the Password on your Facebook access ; this does not change to Password on your email account but on how you access Facebook......"
I don't understand what your saying. i changed my facebook password through my hotmail. meaning facebook allowed me to set a new password on facebook and then a confirmation reset password email was sent to my email. thats how i changed it to a new password.

"Presently do you have access to and can you send and receive emails using the Email address you have associated with Facebook"
Yes, I can use it as normal.

What is the URL you use to access Facebook?
as i do not know my facebook url. my brother went on his account, then went on my page and this si the copied web adress at the top of the page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Have you White-listed all email addresses that may be Facebook related so you miss no email they may send you "
I have no blocked adresses, anyone can send me anything to my hotmail. I have checked twice after reading previous answers to other people problems which are sort of like mine.

jordan93
jordan93

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:51 pm

I don't understand what your saying. i changed my facebook password through my hotmail

You cannot!!

To change your Facebook Password you have to log into the Facebook account and go to Account settings/Change Password

It is of paramount importance that you do check the email address associated with Facebook on a regular basis ( even daily)

Mine is checked ever 5 minutes ( presently) by Mailwasher so I know instantly if I have any problems

This

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
is Facebook log in URL....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan93 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:57 pm

As stated, When i first signed in, i was told are you aware your password has been changed . I was not aware. So i clicked no. It then told me to change my password because i may have been hacked. I was able to write in a new password, to then confirm password in a second box. And then they sent me this email.

"Hi Jordan, You recently asked to reset your Facebook password. To complete your request, please follow this link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Alternately, you may go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and enter the following confirmation code: UPAgWjLVB Please note: for your protection, a copy of this email has been sent to all the email addresses associated with your Facebook account. If you did not request a new password, you may disregard this message or visit our Help Center at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to learn more. Thanks,The Facebook Team"

I then followed the links and successfully changed my password. If i try to sign into my account with my original password it says its incorrect. and if i try and sign into my account with my new password . it takes me to the page about beign temporarily suspended.
In your reply, all you have statted is i need to check my emails more often. I understand that now. But that has no help in me fixing my account now, as obviously its too late. Obviously in future i will check my emails more often, and thats if my account is somehow fixed or i make a new account. The facebook log in you just sent me, does the same thing and takes me to the same page.
jordan93
jordan93

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:39 am

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume your problem was solved , and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down