Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account temporarily suspended

3 posters

Go down

Account temporarily suspended Empty Account temporarily suspended

Post by Ironic Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:46 am

Since my past thread was locked because of moderators considered it solved, I must create it again!

Here's my problem.

I have created profile on Facebook.com, couple of years ago. During that time I have never experienced any problems, nor I have caused any. I use my facebook profile to keep in touch with friends from high school, family, and people I meet on my travels. I rarely send inbox messages to anybody, and I rarely send friend requests to strangers. Also, I rarely write on other people's walls, group walls, or page walls. I don't like spamming or being spammed, as well as I don't like harassing or being harassed.

Few days ago, when I tried to log in onto my Facebook profile, I got message that my "Facebook account was disabled". I checked my email account, and there was no any received emails from Facebook. That seemed weird to me, but then I remembered that yesterday I may have saved my password on a public pc at University, and that somebody from there may have logged onto my Facebook profile, and misuse it, or that my Facebook profile might be hacked.

I don't know what has happened, and what is the nature of misuse, but I promise I am a decent person who uses facebook only to communicate with friends.

What did I do so far:
1. I have sent few emails to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] explaining my situation, and politely asking them to re-enable my facebook account if possible. I got only one auto replay.
2. I have filled this form: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and found out that my profile is temporarily suspended.
I have to go through 7 steps to verify that I am owner of account in order to regain access over my Facebook account.
Everything is fine with steps 1 and two, but on step 3 when I click "send security code", I get an error message "AN error occurred while sending the message".
I made sure that notification+vordzee@facebookmail.com nor any @facebook.com address isn't on my hotmail block list, but still, I am not getting any emails, and I am stuck with my situation.

I use NOD32 antivirus software, which I am sure has nothing to do with this problem.

Can you please tell me what to do? I am desperate without my Facebook profile.

I have also found several blogs online, covering this subject, and lot of other people with same problem as me, and many others posting threads on this forum about their suspended accounts, which implies that it might not be the problem of each of us individually, but problem with facebook.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Account temporarily suspended Empty Re: Account temporarily suspended

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Your [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have you yet done as suggested here

From what you said previously I think we must assume the Facebook Account is now out of your Control
as you used a public Computer and may have saved your password ( and other details)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:52 am

I am about to do what you have suggested me, thank you.

My facebook account is not out of control - it is disabled - it means that nobody has control over it. Not me, not any other person.
My email address, on the other hand, is fine, it hasn't been hacked, I haven't stored email password anywhere, so I should of been able to restore my facebook account if it wasn't for the "famous" 3d step.
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:57 am

I have filled this form
but haven't got replay so far.
They are so ignorant, can't even send me an email, and tell me what the hell can I do to get my account back.
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:29 am

As others also seem to be experiencing the same problem, there is likely nothing we can do until Facebook resolves this issue on their end (which is what it seems to be, at this point).
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:19 am

So what, we need to wait?Hi,

Mod edit;

Your next post has been edited in; please try not to double post

I got this email
You recently initiated Facebook's account recovery process through our Help Center. As a security precaution, this alert has been sent to all email addresses associated with your account.

If you have already completed the account recovery process, then you can ignore this email. If you cannot complete the steps to regain access to your account please visit the following page for help:

If and only if you did not initiate this process please respond to this message with any relevant details.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team

Last edited by Ruby on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Nothing yet. Aaa, this is driving me crazy, I am almost 3 weeks without my Facebook profile Duhhh
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Please correct me if I an wrong..............

You currently do have access to and can send and receive emailsl by the email account you have associated with Facebook ?

Also do you have a Wall that you can see that you can check to see if any detail has been changed?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:38 am

Ruby wrote:Please correct me if I an wrong..............

You currently do have access to and can send and receive emailsl by the email account you have associated with Facebook ?
That is correct, I do have access to my email associated with Facebook, and I can send and receive all emails.

Also do you have a Wall that you can see that you can check to see if any detail has been changed?
Don't you get it, my account has been suspended. All of my photos, data, including my wall are missing. When you search for me on Facebook, you don't get any result. When you visit groups I have created, you don't see my wall posts there, you don't see comments I've posted on my friend's photos while ago...
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:33 am

As you do have access to your Email could you please try this

although from what you are saying it is possible the account on Facebook may have been completley taken over by someone else and they have made it into their creation

my concern is that you say you went to a public computer and probably saved your password on that machine, thus enabling another person to maybe access the account

that said, I assume you did check in your emails to see if a Password reset email had been received?

Of interest, do you know which machine that was and have you used it since this occurrence?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Ruby wrote:As you do have access to your Email could you please try this

It is impossible to reset password while the account is under suspension.

although from what you are saying it is possible the account on Facebook may have been completley taken over by someone else and they have made it into their creation
It is unlikely. Even so, they couldn't anything without having access to my email.

that said, I assume you did check in your emails to see if a Password reset email had been received?
I have. There was no password reset request sent to my email.

Of interest, do you know which machine that was and have you used it since this occurrence?

Yes I know the which machine, and I haven't used it since. Actually, I don't think lot of people used it also, because it was the last day of University classes before holiday.

I see the point of your questions, but let me please say it once more:
1. My account has been temporarily suspended due to suspicion that it has been hacked/phished.
2. Me, and only me, have total access over my email associated with facebook.
3. Self-recovery thing doesn't seem to work, not only for me, but for many other users with same problem.

I got this replay from facebook today:

Hi,

You recently initiated Facebook's account recovery process through our Help Center. As a security precaution, this alert has been sent to all email addresses associated with your account.

If you have already completed the account recovery process, then you can ignore this email. If you cannot complete the steps to regain access to your account please visit the following page for help:

If and only if you did not initiate this process please respond to this message with any relevant details.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:18 am

Just to ask if you have yet managed to access your Facebook account ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:50 pm

This issue is assumed now solved; if this is incorrect please start a fresh thread

Thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down