Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My account is temporarily suspended.

2 posters

Go down

My account is temporarily suspended. Empty My account is temporarily suspended.

Post by medusaspath Sat May 28, 2011 10:26 am

My account has been temporarily suspended, and this is the message I received:

You have canceled a change to your contact information. Canceled requests are often an indication that a spammer has gained access to your Facebook account. Your account may have been compromised as a result of entering your password on a website designed to look like Facebook. This type of attack is known as phishing.

As a security precaution, your account has been temporarily suspended. You will be able to regain access to your account by completing the following steps.

The reason this happened is because someone hacked into my account and tried to link my facebook account with their email, but I canceled the request. It was someone I knew personally and we were in a fight, so I know it was someone just trying to make life difficult for me. Anyway, I canceled the request not knowing that this would happen... I sent Facebook my ID and everything but I don't know if I'm just waiting around for nothing, and I would really just like to have my account back at this point.
medusaspath
medusaspath
Prospect

Back to top Go down

My account is temporarily suspended. Empty Re: My account is temporarily suspended.

Post by Ruby Sat May 28, 2011 11:36 am

The reason this happened is because someone hacked into my account

How did they manage to do this ? Is your computer not Protected enough or does someone who should not actually know your log in details ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

My account is temporarily suspended. Empty Re: My account is temporarily suspended.

Post by medusaspath Sat May 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Yes, that is what happened, but I changed my password now. Now I can't get in touch wiht Facebook to regain control of my account.
medusaspath
medusaspath
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 28, 2011 1:32 pm

medusaspath wrote:Yes, that is what happened, but I changed my password now. Now I can't get in touch wiht Facebook to regain control of my account.

Which please?

Is your computer not Protected enough

or

does someone who should not actually know your log in details ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by medusaspath Sat May 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Someone knew my login details, but I changed the passwords to both my facebook and my email, so now they don't.
medusaspath
medusaspath
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 28, 2011 7:10 pm

medusaspath wrote:Someone knew my login details, but I changed the passwords to both my facebook and my email, so now they don't.

Just how did someone get to know those details ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by medusaspath Sat May 28, 2011 7:12 pm

They were someone I was close with. It was a mistake on my part. Why does this matter though? I just want to get my facebook reactivated, and I'm having a hard time getting in direct contact with anyone there.
medusaspath
medusaspath
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 28, 2011 7:19 pm

medusaspath wrote:They were someone I was close with. It was a mistake on my part. Why does this matter though? I just want to get my facebook reactivated, and I'm having a hard time getting in direct contact with anyone there.

It 'matters' because no one other than you is entitled to know your log in details !!

You now have to deal with the mess of that mistrust you placed in I guess someone who you thought was a friend !!

but I changed the passwords to both my facebook and my email, so now they don't

As you did that did you get an email notification from Facebook about the password change ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by medusaspath Sat May 28, 2011 8:03 pm

Yes, Facebook authorized the password change.

medusaspath
medusaspath
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun May 29, 2011 6:03 am

but I changed the passwords to both my facebook and my email

Your now problem with this is....they had their own email address associated with the Facebook account that you do not own...agreed?

Due to this they too will also get email notifications of the change you requested ...

Question now has to be...have they also told Facebook on that notification of change of email address email that they do not wish for the change.... and cancelled it

In my understanding of this Situation, Facebook may now have and both a request from you and from the 'friend' about this

so just who do Facebook believe?

Plus, if that individual seeks to log into your Email account and goes to 'forgot password' action they can I think again gain access to the email account and again change it

I think you may have to wait for some time to get a response from Facebook and I do hope you are not presently constantly trying to access Facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down