Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roadblocked- Help Please!

2 posters

Go down

Roadblocked- Help Please! Empty Roadblocked- Help Please!

Post by micah.e.wilson Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:06 pm

I tried to login yesterday to my Facebook account and was unsuccessful. I entered my username and password, but after clicking "login", the page simply refreshed and went back to the blank Facebook login homepage. I tried several times, all with the same result. I noticed that before the page refreshed to the Facebook login page, the url showed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I use IE8.

Finally, I tried putting in the wrong password, just to get to another page. This sent me to the verify account/reset password page due to incorrect passowrd. I entered my email but never recieved a reset password code via email. I did this twice, never recieved an email with a code.

I am able to access my facebook account on my phone with no problem. I even went on my phone and changed my password, in case my account had been hacked. This was successful- Facebook sent me an email letting me know I changed my password. But I am still unable to login on my laptop with my new password. It continues to simply refresh to the blank login page.

I read some of the other posts about roadblocks- I have NOT been redirected to any page that requests information to verify my identity- whether that be an email address/birthday/pics of friends/etc. Nothing. All it does is refresh to the original Facebook login page- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] like I never even tried to login.

Please help! Thank you!
micah.e.wilson
micah.e.wilson

Back to top Go down

Roadblocked- Help Please! Empty Re: Roadblocked- Help Please!

Post by Ruby Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:42 pm

I tried to login yesterday to my Facebook account and was unsuccessful
Has this happened previously?

You could try to delete cookies and cache in IE; Use a different browser such as Firefox and see ....

This is Facebook log in URL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Of interest, can you still send and receive emails using the email address you have associated with Facebook , especially if you are on the lap top
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by micah.e.wilson Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks! IE8 did not work, even after cleaning out the cache and cookies. But I downloaded firefox and it took my through the steps to reactivate my account- looking at pics of friends.I guess something in IE8 was just blocking that process from coming up and redirecting me to the login page. But it is now working properly in both IE and Firefox.

Thanks agian!
micah.e.wilson
micah.e.wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:03 pm

So very rapidly Solved by as suggested , using a different browser

Thanks for the feedback!!

Moved to Solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down