Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roadblocked (Phishing)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roadblocked (Phishing) Empty Temporarily suspended (phishing)

Post by jsuarez Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:42 pm

I have been roadblocked due to phishing. However my account was never phished. Someone played a prank on me and sent a report to the Facebook team using my old Facebook password. They claimed my account had been compromised. I would simply do a password reset following the instructions on the screen however there is another problem. The password to the email account associated with my Facebook account was stored locally on my machine. I had a hard drive failure and now my yahoo password is gone for good (It's been years since I have had it memorized).

I went through the process of resetting my yahoo password but the zip code seems to be invalid. It may be possible that I entered an incorrect one during the registration process (over 5 years ago). I have contacted yahoo account services about a month ago and the only replies that I have received from them are automated responses saying that they are "currently experiencing an unusually high volume". They claim if my needs are urgent I can reply to the automated message and I will have the utmost priority but that is not the case. I have and I am still waiting on their response.

I have tried to email Facebook and use Facebook forms to explain to their team that I was not phished and to lower the roadblock. I receive automated responses claiming they cannot help due to the fact that I am not using my own email (the one I lost the password to). I would use the cell phone method but I have never associated my cell phone with my account. Does anyone know how long this "temporary suspension" will last? I have been "temporarily suspended" for about a month now. Any remedies would be appreciated as I use this account to communicate with my relatives overseas.

-Michelle

jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Roadblocked (Phishing) Empty Re: Roadblocked (Phishing)

Post by Ruby Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Please try

>>>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<<<
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jsuarez Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:07 pm

As mentioned earlier I have tried that method. Unfortunately the site will not accept my information as being valid. It appears I am going to have to wait for the "temporary suspension" to expire. It has been over a month now. Anyone know how long this "temporary suspension" lasts?
jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:13 pm

omeone played a prank on me and sent a report to the Facebook team using my old Facebook password. They claimed my account had been compromised.

This I find concerning; how did they know these details?

Is your computer only used by you and properly protected( with what programs?)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jsuarez Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:20 pm

My friend obtained it by looking over my shoulder. But I have since changed my password. The fact that they can lock up my account with my old password is concerning.

As for being properly protected I am. They did not use a key logger nor is my computer infected. I have NOT been phished. The person who did this to me admitted that he did it. However he was not aware that I had recently lost access to my email. His prank was only supposed to be temporary.

I have researched online and can't seem to find out when this "temporary suspension" will end. It looks as though whenever it is over with I will have access again. Now my only question is how long?
jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Do you have access to your Facebook account yet?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jsuarez Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Just tried... Roadblock still. :'(
jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:28 am

I have tried to email Facebook and use Facebook forms to explain to their team that I was not phished and to lower the roadblock. I receive automated responses claiming they cannot help due to the fact that I am not using my own email (the one I lost the password to).

erm...begs the question as to how you were then accessing Facebook if you were not using a legitimate email address?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jsuarez Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:03 pm

What do you mean?
jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:33 pm

jsuarez wrote:What do you mean?

I am not using my own email (

Is what I mean; whose email address are you using?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jsuarez Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:15 pm

Of course I am not using my own email. read the original post again. *sigh* Slap
jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:24 pm

To get your Yahoo account back may we try this ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can get a new password, a Yahoo! ID reminder, or both. If you forgot your Yahoo! ID or password, go to the Sign-in Problems page.

If you forgot your Yahoo! ID, you need to provide three pieces of information so we can confirm your identity:

Your birthday
Your ZIP or postal code (at the time you created your Yahoo! account or when you last updated it)
Your alternate email address -Note: You must have access to this email address
Country code (at the time you created your Yahoo! account or when you last updated it
)
Be sure to provide the same information you gave the last time you registered for a new Yahoo! ID or password or the last time you updated your account.

If you forgot your password, you can create a new one. But first you’ll have to provide the following information so we can confirm your identity:

Your Yahoo! ID
Alternate email address, mobile phone number, or the answers to your secret questions
A Reset Your Password link will be sent to your alternate email address. Click the link and enter your new password in the Reset your password page.

If you entered your secret question incorrectly or forgot what you originally entered, for security reasons, we cannot tell you what your Yahoo! ID is or let you create a new password.

try that?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jsuarez Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:26 pm

I have... Please read the second paragraph in my original post.
jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Lets try this to get back into Facebook

If it works I think you will need to change the email address you have associated with Facebook ..
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:06 am

As there has been no feedback or the courtesy of a reply; thread marked as solved and Moved

Moved back to main section and merged with New topic
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Roadblocked (Phishing) Empty Temporarily Suspended (Phishing) (how long?)

Post by jsuarez Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:46 pm

I have been roadblocked due to phishing. However my account was never phished. Someone played a prank on me and sent a report to the Facebook team using my old Facebook password. They claimed my account had been compromised. I would simply do a password reset following the instructions on the screen however there is another problem. The password to the email account associated with my Facebook account was stored locally on my machine. I had a hard drive failure and now my yahoo password is gone for good (It's been years since I have had it memorized).

I went through the process of resetting my yahoo password but the zip code seems to be invalid. It may be possible that I entered an incorrect one during the registration process (over 5 years ago). I have contacted yahoo account services about a month ago and the only replies that I have received from them are automated responses saying that they are "currently experiencing an unusually high volume". They claim if my needs are urgent I can reply to the automated message and I will have the utmost priority but that is not the case. I have and I am still waiting on their response.

I have tried to email Facebook and use Facebook forms to explain to their team that I was not phished and to lower the roadblock. I receive automated responses claiming they cannot help due to the fact that I am not using my own email (the one I lost the password to). I would use the cell phone method but I have never associated my cell phone with my account. Does anyone know how long this "temporary suspension" will last? I have been "temporarily suspended" for over two months now. Any remedies would be appreciated as I use this account to communicate with my relatives overseas.

I have posted this earlier on this forum. Please make sure you read this entirely before you reply. Please don't suggest password reset methods as I do not have access to my email. You should have read that above. Please do not suggest any of the "https://www.facebook.com/help/" methods as I have attempted all of them and have been sent several automated emails stating that I can not be helped unless I login from my own email. I have had this problem posted here earlier with no effective help. If anyone could inform me when the temporary suspension lasts I would be greatly appreciative as it has been well over two months now.

-Michelle
jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:57 pm

I have re-instated your other thread and merged both into one topic for clarity

As to the length of 'Suspension' really only Facebook knows that.

As to your Yahoo account and Facebook , it is very possible you will have to start again from fresh .

Of interest, can anyone who is able to log into Facebook find your Profile on Facebook or has it, too, gone ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:54 am

Moved from Hacked to AW

Hello!

There have been no replies to your topic for over a week. Do you still need help with it? In order to keep the Help section fresh, we need to know if your problem was solved, or if you still need help with it. If you don't reply within the next 3 days, we'll assume your issue was solved, and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice .

Thanks!

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jsuarez Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm

"Of interest, can anyone who is able to log into Facebook find your Profile on Facebook or has it, too, gone ?"

Yes, It is still active.
jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:30 pm

jsuarez wrote:"Of interest, can anyone who is able to log into Facebook find your Profile on Facebook or has it, too, gone ?"

Yes, It is still active.

I am assuming I hope correctly that this is actually a request for this thread to be moved back..so am doing so

Moved from AW to Hacked section
?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jsuarez Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:34 pm

I am pretty busy so sometimes I forget to keep up with the forum here. yes, your assumption is correct.
jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:54 am

Unfortunately we have no idea how long the 'suspension' will be but I assume you are not making repeated efforts to log into it as Facebook may take objections to this and even prolongue the 'suspension' Sad
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jsuarez Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Nothing abnormal. Maybe once a week. Far less than usual.
jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Moved from Hacked to AR

So that Members know who does and who does not still require help we are reviewing each Help Section ; I note that there have been no replies on this thread for a week ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume your problem was solved , and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jsuarez Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Problem not solved... Attempted login yesterday. I don't think this is a "temporary" suspension as Facebook claims. going on 2 and a half months now I believe.

Moved back to Hacked and Disabled accounts - The Listener
jsuarez
jsuarez
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next