Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook help with mobile verification

2 posters

Go down

Facebook help with mobile verification Empty Facebook help with mobile verification

Post by bugalugs1981 Wed May 09, 2012 4:17 am

I had an account with Facebook which I deactivated because I made another Facebook account but when I try activating my mobile phone to receive text messages it keeps saying "Sorry, that phone was recently used to verify another Facebook user and is not currently eligible for mobile verification" I don't understand why it keeps saying this because I deleted my mobile number off my old profile more than a month ago & i am still unable to add my mobile number to my new Facebook account?

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME Sad
bugalugs1981
bugalugs1981
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Facebook help with mobile verification Empty Re: Facebook help with mobile verification

Post by Ruby Wed May 09, 2012 7:57 am

bugalugs1981 wrote:I had an account with Facebook which I deactivated

How did you do this please?

because I made another Facebook account

Why did you have the need to make another account?

but when I try activating my mobile phone to receive text messages it keeps saying "Sorry, that phone was recently used to verify another Facebook user and is not currently eligible for mobile verification"

That maybe suggests that I hope the Facebook account has not been hacked but you have not yet told us about this ?

I don't understand why it keeps saying this because I deleted my mobile number off my old profile more than a month ago & i am still unable to add my mobile number to my new Facebook account?

How did you do tat please?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Facebook help with mobile verification Empty Re: Facebook help with mobile verification

Post by bugalugs1981 Wed May 09, 2012 9:50 pm

i made another account with a different email address because i was having problems with the email address & facebook account i already had! are you able to let me know why i cant add my mobile number on my new account??????
bugalugs1981
bugalugs1981
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu May 10, 2012 7:21 am

bugalugs1981 wrote:i made another account with a different email address because i was having problems with the email address & facebook account i already had

Again...what were those problems please? H

ow did you deactivate that account?

How did you remove the mobile number from that previous Facebook account?

Sorry, that phone was recently used to verify another Facebook user and is not currently eligible for mobile verification
Who else apart from you knowns that mobile number and has access to the machine ?

are you able to let me know why i cant add my mobile number on my new account??????

First one needs to know why the other account got removed

How llegitimate your access is to the mobile devise is

Currently it seems as if you have not actually disassociated that mobile devise from the Facebook account and/or that devise is also in use by another person on another Facebook account
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bugalugs1981 Thu May 10, 2012 7:46 am

I deactivated my account at first but i have now permanently deleted it so i have to wait 2 weeks then i will try if my mobile number works with my new account!

I removed my mobile number from my previous Facebook account by removing it from my page & account.

All my friends knows my mobile number & no1 has access to my machine as its my personal laptop!
bugalugs1981
bugalugs1981
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu May 10, 2012 2:33 pm

You still do not sat what the problems were you had with the old account that caused you to close it?

Had it been Hacked or ...??

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bugalugs1981 Thu May 10, 2012 9:41 pm

I wanted a new one
bugalugs1981
bugalugs1981
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri May 11, 2012 5:41 am

How recently did you create the now' old 'Facebook account as your Facebook notification is telling you that the mobile devise has recently been used by someone

made another account with a different email address because i was having problems with the email address & facebook account

What kind of 'problems please? Please be more specific in your reply as the question is asked for good reasons ..thanks !!
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bugalugs1981 Fri May 11, 2012 5:57 am

its hard to explain, sometimes i had problems logging into one or the other but once i deactivated my old facebook my email was working perfectly fine & now i have no problem at all with my email or new facebook page
bugalugs1981
bugalugs1981
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri May 11, 2012 1:30 pm

bugalugs1981 wrote:sometimes i had problems logging into one or the other

What kinds of problems ?

Dare one ask what, if anything ,is the Protection you have on that machine you use to connect to Facebook ?

( sorry to ask so many questions but it may well be that your account got hacked but you did not realise it!!)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bugalugs1981 Sat May 12, 2012 7:48 am

sometime i could log in and sometimes i couldn't! it says it will take about 2 weeks for my old account to get permanently deleted so when that 2 weeks has finished ill c if i can add my mobile number to my account then!
bugalugs1981
bugalugs1981
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 12, 2012 1:15 pm

What, if anything, is the Protection on that computer you use to access Facebook?

Is this the URL you use for Facebook ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What kind of messages did you get from Facebook when you failed to log into Facebook ?

You say you also had problems with the email address you had associated with Facebook ?

What kinds of problems were they please?

What is also of concern is you say Facebook says you ( someone ) recently used that mobile number on another account?

Do they tell you how long ago that was?

How long ago did you open the other Facebook account?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 19, 2012 8:23 am

Sadly there has been no response to questions asked or input from the OP for a week so

Assumed to be abandoned

Sent from Mobile notifications to abandoned but please do start a fresh thread if you still need help and do give us the requested iformation if you do repost
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down