Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile verification roadblock on business FB account - Country of residence not avail for selection

2 posters

Go down

Mobile verification roadblock on business FB account - Country of residence not avail for selection Empty Mobile verification roadblock on business FB account - Country of residence not avail for selection

Post by encorefilms Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:49 pm

Hi all,

I have a business Facebook account that is used to run Facebook ads and manage product fanpages for my company. Unfortunately, since a week ago, I find myself unable to login to the account. Upon entering the correct username/password, I am directed to a mobile verification roadblock at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which requests me to go through a 3-step mobile phone identity verification process which I am unable to complete even the 1st step. (please refer to attachments for screenshots).

I'm stuck in a real rut, because this business Facebook account is currently running a series of Facebook ads before my access was blocked, and those ads are set to run without a definite end date. As such, I'm getting advertising charges charged to my credit every single day. Despite the blocked access, I'm still receiving "Facebook Ads Alert: Account Charged" emails sent to me every single day without fail (so I know the account is definitely active and not disabled.) The charges are racking up and we are unable to login to manage the spending (!) This is really rather ridiculous, to find that Facebook is happy to continue charging an account it suspects is compromised (which is why it's slapping me with this verification thing in the first place isn't it), and is not providing me with any option to resolve the issue.

1st step of the mobile verification process is asking me to "Add a Phone" and then input a mobile phone number, so that I can receive a confirmation code to input into the site. However, I am unable to complete the 1st step because my country of residence: Singapore is not listed as one of the available countries to select in the drop down menu. i.e. meaning that I am unable to direct a text message containing the confirmation code from Facebook, to any mobile phone in my country (!)

1. There is a link on the bottom left providing "Or use a different verification method" option. This link however is a dummy link as clicking on it would just bring me back to the same page (i.e. the page simply refreshes).

2. Clicking on the "Add a Phone" option would bring up a dialog box with a link "*My mobile service provider isn't listed." Clicking this link would bring up another dialog box with the link to "View popup to add my number." Clicking this link would bring up a popup window asking me to "enter the confirmation code that was texted to your phone." This is of course ridiculous because I haven't had a possible option to even provide my correct mobile phone number as yet (so it seems like a step is missing between this 2 links)

3. In this popup window, there exists another link "Never got your confirmation code? Let us know!" This however is the icing on the cake, as clicking on this link brings up a dialog box saying "Not Logged In" (Please login to continue). Which brings me back to square one.

I'm seeing that there are quite a lot of people here who are having the same problem, but it seems that no one has successfully bypassed/resolved this issue through a standard process (the only success story I can see if Betty's but even she cannot provide a definite formula to how we can go about resolving this).

I have tried all means to contact Facebook about the problem, and used all the forms and email addresses provided by Ruby and whatever I can find from the Facebook help pages (which unfortunately are not all that helpful ironically). Since I'm a paying business user, I have also tried emailing Facebook advertising services and using the forms under the help section for Facebook advertising, however I've received only computer-generated generic auto-replies and have not been offered assistance anyone real.

I did receive this two emails (which gave me a glimmer of hope initially) as below. The first is:

Subject: Re: Confirm Facebook Account

Hi,

Please reply to this email to verify that you are the owner of the account that you referenced in your Facebook support inquiry. This security step must be completed before Facebook can respond to your inquiry. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If this email address is not associated with your account, please reply to this email from an email address that is associated with your Facebook account, ensuring that this email is in your response (this may require you to copy and paste this text if your email client removes this email from your reply).

Thanks,
The Facebook Team
---------------------------------------

Upon replying to them that I AM INDEED THE OWNER, I received this reply:

Subject: Re: Confirm Facebook Account

Hi,

Our records indicate that there is currently a confirmed account associated with this email address. Please try to log in at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with your login email address and password. If you successfully access your account and the matter is resolved, no further action is needed. Please reply to this email only if you continue to experience an issue.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team
---------------------------------------

Of course, seeing that, I was ecstatic thinking that they unblocked my account. So I went to Facebook but still found myself stuck with the mobile verification roadblock. So I sent back my reply saying that I still have an issue, and I included all screenshots and everything, but since then I've received no reply from them. I've followed up with several emails to the same email address, but still nada a response. Which is most disappointing and frustrating.

I am gravely in need of some assistance immediately, as I am getting charged everyday without access to manage/control/stop the ad spend, and the ads are currently set to run infinitely without a stop date (!). I am just so dissappointed that Facebook seems so unhelpful to resolve an issue, but is so quick to respond when charging me money.

Looking forward to more advice from you Ruby. (My computer has been checked inside out, it's all clean so I doubt this is a virus/compatibility issue)

*** Please DO NOT move this thread to the SOLVED section. I will revert and post/update here if my case is solved. It really sucks when we have threads moved to the SOLVED section in the effort to keep the forum clean and uncluttered, but is creating a lot of false positives where it seems like this issue is being resolved but it is not.
encorefilms
encorefilms

Back to top Go down

Mobile verification roadblock on business FB account - Country of residence not avail for selection Empty Re: Mobile verification roadblock on business FB account - Country of residence not avail for selection

Post by encorefilms Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Ok, I realized I can't attach my screen shots here to the forum. (my facebook forum account is too new maybe? restricted from posting attachments...)

So unfortunately I can't share that, but I think everyone here should be familiar with how the darn verification process page looks like.
encorefilms
encorefilms

Back to top Go down

Mobile verification roadblock on business FB account - Country of residence not avail for selection Empty Re: Mobile verification roadblock on business FB account - Country of residence not avail for selection

Post by Ruby Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:02 am

encorefilms wrote:

. I am just so dissappointed that Facebook seems so unhelpful to resolve an issue, but is so quick to respond when charging me money.

Looking forward to more advice from you Ruby. (My computer has been checked inside out, it's all clean so I doubt this is a virus/compatibility issue)

*** Please DO NOT move this thread to the SOLVED section. I will revert and post/update here if my case is solved. It really sucks when we have threads moved to the SOLVED section in the effort to keep the forum clean and uncluttered, but is creating a lot of false positives where it seems like this issue is being resolved but it is not.

There is no magical solution to this; but that said do not tell us how to run this forum; if you do not like the help and support you may get here then do not seek it
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by encorefilms Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:31 am

Ruby wrote:
There is no magical solution to this; but that said do not tell us how to run this forum; if you do not like the help and support you may get here then do not seek it

Hi Ruby, if I've offended you, I apologize. Like you, I just wish to find a solution to resolve this seemingly random and global problem, and share it with everyone. So I was just offering my humble opinion and thoughts.

I don't expect a magical solution to just drop on our laps, which is why my long post detailing out the problem so we can all work together to see if we can discover one.

I'm sure you can agree it's not my intention to come into this forum to rant, flame nor be hostile. Hope we can work together and find a way out of this, for myself and for everyone out there too.
encorefilms
encorefilms

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:53 pm

encorefilms wrote:

Hi Ruby, if I've offended you, I apologize.

Appreciated!!!

Like you, I just wish to find a solution to resolve this seemingly random and global problem, and share it with everyone......

so we can all work together to see if we can discover one.
..... Hope we can work together and find a way out of this, for myself and for everyone out there too.

Good 'interaction' and communication is evident on some of the threads where people are sharing their experiences and ways out of this very oddity with Facebook

Read the other threads, especially the most recent ones sent to solved section to see how others have gotten back into Facebook
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Retry and go for

FB added a new option to add new mobile phone number, so everything is ok now.
The problem is solved.
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:44 pm

There has been no feedback so assumed solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down