Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporarily suspended account

2 posters

Go down

Temporarily suspended account Empty Temporarily suspended account

Post by rg57 Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:53 am

When I try to log in, Facebook says:

Step 1 (of 5):
"Your account has been temporarily suspended. Suspicious activity has been detected on your Facebook account and it has been temporarily suspended as a security precaution. It is likely that your account was compromised as a result of entering your password on a website designed to look like Facebook. This type of attack is known as phishing."

Step 2 is a Captcha, which works.

Step 3 is "Please confirm your identity. To verify your account, we ask that you enter a security code sent to you by email or by phone." In my case, only email is available. After sending the code, it says "Code sent. Resend?" The Resend is interesting, isn't it? It implies that Facebook expects the code to fail often enough that asking people to return to Step 1 or Step 2 is too burdensome. Not sure what to make of that, but they are right. I never receive the code in my inbox, nor junk mail, nor bounced message list. I suspect the code is never sent in the first place.

I've read some other posts about this, and I'm rather dismayed by the "it couldn't be Facebook first" attitude taken, combined with disparaging other software. This problem is common enough that other blogs have been talking about it for some time now. This appears to be a Facebook-only problem that demands a Facebook-only solution. But if Facebook has proof that some other software has caused this, then it is on them to show that proof, and indeed to warn users of what the problem exactly is, and how specifically to avoid it.

At the very least, I expect to be told what the "suspicious activity" was in my case.
rg57
rg57

Back to top Go down

Temporarily suspended account Empty Re: Temporarily suspended account

Post by Ruby Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:12 am

I have a question; are you 'comlaining' about a Facebook approach to its users or the problem that you cannot currently get into Facebook?

what of interest is your Antivirus protection and do you use any P2P software?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:43 pm

@Deadmau5on Fire

please do not post on others theads but answer your own ;I have already linked you to it
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification;thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum