Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profile won't update and keeps reverting back when it does update!

+3
latet
Tim
natalli james
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Profile won't update and keeps reverting back when it does update! Empty Profile won't update and keeps reverting back when it does update!

Post by natalli james Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:06 am

My facebook keeps reverting back to like 3 days ago. The notifications will be the same ones I got 3 days ago. My profile picture doesn't show up as a new one that I changed it to, reverted it self back to my other pic. Any changes that I try to make, it automatically reverts them back. I got about 12 new posts that don't show up, til I post them. But when I exit out of my browser and later come back in everything is back to 3 days ago. Says I have 2 messages and 3 updates. Its been happening ever since 4-5 days ago.

DID FACEBOOK CHANGE SOMETHING? SERVERS MESSED UP? OR AM I STUCK LIKE THIS FOREVER?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

SOMEONE HELP ME I'M GOING EFFIN CRAZY!

Last edited by Tim on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Font & size changed to a more readable one)
natalli james
natalli james

Back to top Go down

Profile won't update and keeps reverting back when it does update! Empty Re: Profile won't update and keeps reverting back when it does update!

Post by Tim Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:16 am

Hello,

In order for your post to be easier to read, please do not post in 'big' fonts. Additionally, kindly refrain from posting in all CAPS with multiple exclamation marks!!!!!! as this is unnecessary and is seen as shouting. Nobody likes to be yelled at.

What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing its cookies & cache?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Profile won't update and keeps reverting back when it does update! Empty Re: Profile won't update and keeps reverting back when it does update!

Post by latet Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Glad to hear I am not the only one having this problem. Believe me, this has nothing to do with browsers' cache. I tested it on many browsers, on a few PC's. I used browsers' internal function as well as CCleaner to wipe the cache and the cookies.

Sometimes - logging off helps, but not always. Sometimes re-logging on helps, but usually after a few clicks inside FB - the old version of the content is displayed. It's like going back in time - even the number of friends (fans or "likes" in my case) is changed. Deleted comments are back on. And the new ones are gone.
latet
latet
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi latet Very Happy

You're right when you say you're not the only one having this issue... I've helped people who have had similar issues in the past.

Have you recently uploaded any videos to Facebook? Have you started using/allowed any applications lately?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by latet Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:55 pm

The Listener wrote:Hi latet Very Happy

You're right when you say you're not the only one having this issue... I've helped people who have had similar issues in the past.

What was the cause of similar issues?

The Listener wrote:
Have you recently uploaded any videos to Facebook? Have you started using/allowed any applications lately?

Nope. No videos, no applications.

Thanks.
latet
latet
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Actually 2 members, I remember, experienced similar issues after having uploaded videos to Facebook. Especially unsynchronized status on their Facebook walls. As a matter of fact, a member I've just came back from helping, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], seems to be having a (not so) similar issue, but that probably has something to do with temporary data being stored inside Facebook (not on cookies or cache).

I'll do some research about this and get back to you asap. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by PTRA Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:27 pm

I have had this issue ongoing now since the 30th January.

My home page will display messages that I have deleted, posts that I have read and chat boxes that I have closed.

It will show my old profile picture even though I have changed it. It will show my old status even though I have changed it.

Few things; When I change in the account settings to browse only using an shtml connection, it occasionally goes back to normal.

When I uninstalled all apps, it went back to normal.

When I click on 'change profile picture', it goes back to normal.

When I log out and in again, quite often it will go back to normal.

Note: When I say 'normal', the normality is quickly resumed by the aggravation of an out of date profile moments later after clicking onto another screen.

I have contacted Facebook but typically there has been no response.

For the record I have cleared the cookies, the cache, the temp files, passwords and I have tried safari, chrome, firefox, IE and all pose the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I can get screenshots if needed.
PTRA
PTRA
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshK Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:54 pm

This is happening to me too; in fact it's why I sought out this forum. In my case it started around a week ago. It doesn't matter what web browser or computer I use, and my friends also see this odd behavior when viewing my home page. My profile picture comes and goes. When it's gone, my home page is a week old. Even when the profile picture is there, sometimes my home page is two or three days old. If I click an individual link on that page, it updates the entire page.

Sometimes closing and restarting the web browser helps; sometimes just refreshing the page helps. Sometimes not.

I also wondered if it might have something to do with a link; I deleted one that I thought might be playing into it (the site can be slow to load), but it didn't resolve the problem.

I've also cleared my cache, set the browser to refresh the page every time it loads, all the usual steps when trying to resolve page version issues and none of them have worked yet.

I guess the one thing that gives me some relief is knowing it isn't just me.
JoshK
JoshK
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by PTRA Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Ok. So I went through my wall, and removed every single post (except status's) up until the point of the error. This included website links, youtube links, soundcloud links...it also included the small privacy raping comment previews that show up when you've written on someone elses wall, as well as any 'likes' or 'pages' I became a fan of...

Then everything had reverted back, except the profile picture. So I changed my picture, deleted a few posts and then it said I had no profile picture...

So I uploaded one, deleted a few more updates and...

...now it appears to be working fine.

Let me know how people get on.
PTRA
PTRA
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshK Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Keep an eye on it -- I deleted a link that I thought might be causing it, and my page did refresh properly for hours afterward, but then went wonky again.

The big question is WHY would a link cause this to happen, but at the very least I'd like to know for sure that deleting links will stop it before I go doing that.
JoshK
JoshK
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by PTRA Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:11 pm

JoshK wrote:Keep an eye on it -- I deleted a link that I thought might be causing it, and my page did refresh properly for hours afterward, but then went wonky again.

The big question is WHY would a link cause this to happen, but at the very least I'd like to know for sure that deleting links will stop it before I go doing that.

Too true. It's gone back to it's awful self again.
PTRA
PTRA
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:25 pm

@ JoshK: What was the link you had to delete? Did it have a preview?

@ PTRA: It's back to normal, you mean? Did you solve this what JoshK's suggestion?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by PTRA Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:27 pm

The Listener wrote:@ JoshK: What was the link you had to delete? Did it have a preview?

@ PTRA: It's back to normal, you mean? Did you solve this what JoshK's suggestion?

No. I mean that he was right. After deleting multiple links from my profile, it went back to normal for a bit. 1 hour, tops. Now the wall is clearly up to date, because I've deleted everything. But the profile picture is old, even when I changed it just now. But if I log out and back in again it seems to resolve that issue.

It's beyond the realms of comprehension. I am tempted just to delete the whole thing.
PTRA
PTRA
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshK Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:32 pm

The link I deleted was:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It did not have a preview in FB. Deleting it appeared to solve the problem for a few hours, but then it started happening again. I haven't tried deleting anything else. Most of the links I post are to YouTube clips; this was an exception which was why I thought it might be the culprit.
JoshK
JoshK
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:42 pm

Thanks for the explanation. Wink

I'm afraid this is definitely a Facebook glitch... so far 4 people have reported the exact same thing: outdated Profile Pics and Wall.

I'm afraid the only ones who can fix this are Facebook employees. Please report each issue separately:

- For messed up Wall Posts, click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
- For the Profile Picture issue, click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Good luck. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshK Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Reported it at all four links. It's a bit annoying that Facebook won't respond to support requests unless they have a question. I'd like to know whether this is a known issue and what they're doing about it.
JoshK
JoshK
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by PTRA Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:06 pm

I reported mine too. Let me know if you get any feedback. I just got the standard emails back. I doubt anything will happen. It's getting really tedious now. I can;t believe there's no pattern emerging as to what we all have in common, or what we can do to rectify it...
PTRA
PTRA
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by simenjg Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:29 am

I have the same problem. I have reported my problem, and got no answer. Its now more then two weeks ago I got this problem.. Its really annoying, and I cant enjoy my time at facebook anymore.. Please tell me if any of you guys get any feedback.
simenjg
simenjg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:41 pm

simenjg wrote:I have the same problem. I have reported my problem, and got no answer. Its now more then two weeks ago I got this problem.. Its really annoying, and I cant enjoy my time at facebook anymore.. Please tell me if any of you guys get any feedback.
I'm afraid you won't get any 'feedback' since Facebook doesn't notify you when they fix a bug... you have to check things eventually. Sad
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by simenjg Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:47 pm

The Listener wrote:
simenjg wrote:I have the same problem. I have reported my problem, and got no answer. Its now more then two weeks ago I got this problem.. Its really annoying, and I cant enjoy my time at facebook anymore.. Please tell me if any of you guys get any feedback.
I'm afraid you won't get any 'feedback' since Facebook doesn't notify you when they fix a bug... you have to check things eventually. Sad

Okey, I see. But if you will guess on how long time facebook will use to fix this bug, what would you guess?
simenjg
simenjg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Facebook doesn't usually take more than 2 weeks to fix a bug, depending on how many of them they have to work on, and the complexity of such bug.

Lots of people are having issues since the last profile/pages update, so that is why this may be taking so long. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by simenjg Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Okay, thank you very much for answers! Happy
simenjg
simenjg

Back to top Go down

Post by PTRA Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Are there any updates on this yet? I would check it out myself but I'm tired of searching for the same thing and I have no internet at home now due to my ISP being a bunch of incompetent idiots.

Thanks in advance...
PTRA
PTRA
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshK Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Mine has been behaving for the last two days or so, but that's not long enough for me to conclude they've fixed it.
JoshK
JoshK
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshK Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:43 pm

Four more days have gone by and it's still behaving; maybe they fixed it!
JoshK
JoshK
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next