Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to reset a password "too often"

3 posters

Go down

Trying to reset a password "too often" Empty Trying to reset a password "too often"

Post by gmunro Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:57 am

Good morning

My wife's facebook account has the following problem:

password was changed for some reason, so I instigated the reset process and locked the account as directed. However I cannot reset the password because the reset limit has been reached. Tried about 5 times, then tried to get help and was directed to the generic Help Centre which has no topic for this problem. Normally I would just set up a new facebook account for her, but she is on level 56 on Cityville!! I really hope I can unlock the account and reset the password. Is there a customer support line for Facebook?

Regards, Gordon
gmunro
gmunro
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Trying to reset a password "too often" Empty Re: Trying to reset a password "too often"

Post by gmunro Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:12 am

Am I right in thinking that I won't be able to do anything for 24 hours anyway??
gmunro
gmunro
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Trying to reset a password "too often" Empty Re: Trying to reset a password "too often"

Post by Ruby Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:10 pm

password was changed for some reason, so I instigated the reset process and locked the account as directed.

What did the email notification from Facebook say about the Account?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by gmunro Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:19 pm

The reset email was the standard one I take it...blah blah asked to reset the password, code is issued and typed in the box, then the message is that the password can't be reset.

I tried to report it by email but all roads lead to the help centre which is no help. Surely the account is retrievable? Someone randomly messes about with it and she loses the whole thing?

What on earth can I do next..any contact numbers available? I'm in the UK.
gmunro
gmunro
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gmunro Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Account now restored.....
gmunro
gmunro
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Carrow Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:06 pm

how did you get your account restored?
Dan Carrow
Dan Carrow
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:11 am

gmunro wrote:Account now restored.....

Thanks

Sent to Solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down