Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account was Hacked, My Password was Changed, Now locked out of Password Reset

2 posters

Go down

Account was Hacked, My Password was Changed, Now locked out of Password Reset  Empty Account was Hacked, My Password was Changed, Now locked out of Password Reset

Post by ejohns Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi, my Facebook account was hacked by someone in a different country than I live. The person who hacked it also changed my password somehow. I try and reset my password and it says:

Your password could not be reset.
You have reached the limit of password reset attempts. If you are still having trouble accessing your account, please contact us for assistance.

I have went to the contact link which takes me to the help center which doesnt tell me anything I dont already no. So I came here to this forum, read up on some of the same issues people are having as me. I went to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and
You seem to be requesting password resets way too often. Come back later or visit our Help Center..

Is what I get.

I have tried contacting Facebook and reporting it even through my hubby's account but I m not getting a response. I have also check all my junk folders and what not for emails. Could someone pls help me out. Oh I forgot to mention atm I am on my hubby's account for this forum.
ejohns
ejohns

Back to top Go down

Account was Hacked, My Password was Changed, Now locked out of Password Reset  Empty Re: Account was Hacked, My Password was Changed, Now locked out of Password Reset

Post by Ruby Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Please try

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and, if you cannot do that you proceed to

May be helpful to know what, if any ,is the Protection on the private computer you use to access Facebook ?

When did you last run full scans to check for infections?

Oh I forgot to mention atm I am on my hubby's account for this forum.

Why, as you can simply create your own account for this forum which is completely separate from Facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Account was Hacked, My Password was Changed, Now locked out of Password Reset  Empty Re: Account was Hacked, My Password was Changed, Now locked out of Password Reset

Post by ejohns Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:56 pm

I have already filled out the Compromised: I Cannot Identify My Account form and got this response

Hi,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues logging in to our site.
Unfortunately, because you were unable to identify the account in question, we
will not be able to support your inquiry. Your report will be used to help us
identify any bugs in our system, but we will not be able to reply to your email
directly.

Please review the following information to help you find your account and reset
your password. Be sure to try every option if you haven't already done so.

1. Ask one of your Facebook friends to view your profile and send you the email
address listed on your account. To do this, ask your friend to click on the
"Info" tab on your Profile page and scroll down to "Contact Information."

2. In option 1, try entering every email address that you have ever owned (one
email address at a time). You may have added an email address to your account
and forgotten it.

3. In option 1, try entering your current mobile number and all of your past
mobile numbers (one number at a time).

4. In option 2, try entering your username. A username is your personalized
Facebook URL (web address) and appears in the location bar of your browser after
"https://www.facebook.com/" when you view your profile. If you don't know your
username, you can have a Facebook friend view your profile and tell you what
your username is.

5. In option 3, try a variety of names. For the "Your name" section, try
entering variations for your name. You may have signed up for a nickname and
forgotten about it. You should also try a variety of friends if the first friend
you enter doesn't locate an account.

If your issue is not related to the “Identify your account” flow, please visit
our Help Center to find more information about common concerns and the proper
forms for reporting your issue.

Once again, please note that we will not be able to respond to this email. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause,

The Facebook Team

And yes I have tried the steps in the email. I get passed all those steps and I still get the You have to many resets message.

I am on my hubby's account bc it at the time was much easier to "Connect to Facebook' than to register. TBH at the time I was so frustrated with the lack of good support on one of the largest Social sites that I didn't even notice the Register icon up top.

At the time I had Microsoft Security Essentials. I scanned my pc yesterday after I read in one of the "help" steps to check my computer. When scanned it found that I had a key logger. So I removed it and reformatted my computer. I now have McAfee as protection.
ejohns
ejohns

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:30 am

Hi, my Facebook account was hacked by someone in a different country than I live. The person who hacked it also changed my password somehow. I try and reset my password and it says:

You will be able to 'do' nothing as you have the keylogger infection on there ...

check my computer. When scanned it found that I had a key logger. So I removed it and reformatted my computer. I now have McAfee as protection.

May one ask how you 'removed ' the keylogger' and how you did the reformat?

To get to this forum, how are you logging in?

How are you logging into Facebook ?

I presume you did the steps I suggested before you reformatted the computer?

Can you please ask someone who can access Facebook to try to find your Profile on Facebook?

Can you presently send and receive emails using the email address you have associated with Facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:55 am

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down