Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Errors on all Facebook Pages

2 posters

Go down

Errors on all Facebook Pages Empty Errors on all Facebook Pages

Post by redoverfarm Sat May 14, 2011 1:44 pm

For some reason all pages show "done but with error". There is also a problem deleting messages and chat history. My wife and son also use FB and they are not experiencing the same problems and their layout on the message page is different than mine. I started noticing these problems when the newer version was implemented. I did not voluntarily switch as they did. If there any way to re-set FB without loosing my freinds and starting over.
redoverfarm
redoverfarm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Errors on all Facebook Pages Empty Re: Errors on all Facebook Pages

Post by Admin Sat May 14, 2011 2:19 pm

I presume you're using Internet Explorer. Tongue What version? Can you please copy the error details you're shown and post them here?

An easy solution would be using a different and updated browser. Not only everything will properly, but it will also load much, much faster than on IE. You can try downloading [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by redoverfarm Sat May 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks for the reply. What I do not understand is why two other members of my household are using the exact same browser and do not have the problems that I am experiencing and their page layout is completely different. I am only assuming (dangerous) that it was not loaded correctly when it changed to the newer version
redoverfarm
redoverfarm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 14, 2011 3:02 pm

That doesn't sound OK then. Can you please copy the error details and paste them here?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by redoverfarm Mon May 16, 2011 9:09 am

Listener excuse my ignorance but I am not sure how to copy the errors and paste them here. I am not getting any details of the errors. At the bottom of the tool bar I am seeing the "warning" sign with the notation adjacent " Done, but with errors on page". If you can guide me through the process I will try.
redoverfarm
redoverfarm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Sure. Have a look at the following screenshot (sorry, but my IE is in Spanish and couldn't change it).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Listo" is "Done, but with errors on the page".
"Mostrar detalles" is "Show details" and "Ocultar detalles" is "Hide details".
"Copiar dat. error" is "Copy error's data" (or something similar).

Then, paste (Ctrl + V) the error data in a new post here. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by redoverfarm Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 pm

OK here is some of the errors. It seem spuratic on various pages but this is what I got now.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)
Timestamp: Mon, 16 May 2011 18:23:15 UTC

Message: Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type that does not accept the focus.
Line: 12
Char: 2053
Code: 0Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)
Timestamp: Mon, 16 May 2011 18:27:58 UTC

Line: 26
Char: 90
Code: 0
URI: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

redoverfarm
redoverfarm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by redoverfarm Tue May 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Listener here is another page w/errors when I tried to switch from Top News to Most Recent.Webpage error details

Timestamp: Tue, 17 May 2011 19:08:01 UTC

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
Line: 0
Char: 0
Code: 0

redoverfarm
redoverfarm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 17, 2011 6:16 pm

They both seem to be javascript issues... What's weird, though, is that you're saying it doesn't happen with other accounts that use the same PC as browser.

Can you please specify if...

a) You recently uploaded any videos or photos to Facebook?
b) You allowed or used any new Facebook applications?
c) Installed any scripts, extensions, plug-ins, etc. that could have any incidence on how IE works?

I'll forward the error details to our javascript expert Dion, he can give a little more info about those errors you pasted. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 1:20 am

redoverfarm wrote:My wife and son also use FB and they are not experiencing the same problems and their layout on the message page is different than mine. I started noticing these problems when the newer version was implemented. I did not voluntarily switch as they did. If there any way to re-set FB without loosing my freinds and starting over.
I believe this is your problem. Facebook continually updates its code, and if you're using an interface that was deprecated by Facebook, the code on the rest of the page may now be incompatible with the deprecated interface.

I suspect that if you make the same switch that your wife and son did, your problems will go away.

Back to top Go down

Post by redoverfarm Wed May 18, 2011 7:35 am

OK Thanks. Now just how would I go about changing to the updated. I did not change when it was offered and apparently facebook changed it on it's own. Not really that computer savy so a little guidance would be appreciated.
redoverfarm
redoverfarm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by redoverfarm Tue May 24, 2011 8:35 am

Dion do you have any suggestions to correct the problems that I am experiencing. The switch to the upgrade apparently was done by FB admin for mine. The other persons in my family did it voluntarily. Not sure how to go about making that upgrade?
redoverfarm
redoverfarm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down