Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problwm with sharing photo albums with friends and groups.

2 posters

Go down

Problwm with sharing photo albums with friends and groups. Empty Problwm with sharing photo albums with friends and groups.

Post by outbackyak Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi, I've a problem - facebook won't let me share my photo album with friends or groups. The album uploaded fine to my home page, it's there in my newsfeed and wall, and I was able to share it with my Page for my business, but it won't let me share it with either friends or groups. I've followed the procedure exactly as specified in the facebook Help Centre, I know that the friend or group is spelled correctly, and it's in the correct box. Yet when I click on Share Album I get an error message that says "No recipient. You must provide a recipient for your shared item."

I'm very new to facebook - only joined this week - and the Help section on facebook is awful. I've submitted a bug report about this problem to facebook, but just got the standard automated reply. I've read through the entire "Known Issues on facebook" page for the last 6 months, and there is no mention of this bug.

This is the first time I've uploaded an album; my privacy settings are just the standard ones - I've altered nothing, and my status, photos and posts are set to be shared with everyone; I've got 12 friends and belong to 4 groups; I've tried clearing my cookies for facebook; I'm using Firefox 4.0.1 for my browser; my OS is Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Is there anything else you need to know?

Here is a Screenshot that shows the correctly filled out Share box and the error message I get.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
outbackyak
outbackyak
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Problwm with sharing photo albums with friends and groups. Empty Re: Problwm with sharing photo albums with friends and groups.

Post by Poke Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Hey there,

I see you have a problem. Did you ask your friends to see if they can see it? I suggest you try uploading it again. It happens to me too, but once I did a new one it poped up and I deleted the old one. If that does not work, let me kow. Happy
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Problwm with sharing photo albums with friends and groups. Empty Re: Problwm with sharing photo albums with friends and groups.

Post by outbackyak Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Poke wrote:Hey there,

I see you have a problem. Did you ask your friends to see if they can see it? I suggest you try uploading it again. It happens to me too, but once I did a new one it poped up and I deleted the old one. If that does not work, let me kow. Happy

I'll give it a try, and see if it works, but I have my doubts - facebook seems very, very buggy to me - I've had lots of issues already, like not being able to change my basic information (this is a known bug they are working on -I'm not holding my breath though LOL).

I haven't asked my friends if they can see it - It's 3.45AM right now, and I doubt they'd be real happy about it. But I'll send them a PM and see if they can see it. I certainly can't see it on their wall though.

Thanks!

Last edited by outbackyak on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
outbackyak
outbackyak
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:45 pm

haha alright! Happy I will see what other things I can do to help you out with this problem, if the first solution does not work right! Wink Take your time with this as well.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by outbackyak Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Poke wrote:haha alright! Happy I will see what other things I can do to help you out with this problem, if the first solution does not work right! Wink Take your time with this as well.

Thanks for your help. I've just uploaded all the pictures again, only this time to my Page for my business, and I've got exactly the same problem - I can't share it with my friends or my groups. I've also re-uploaded them to my home page, and deleted the original Album - still got exactly the same problem - I can't share them with friends or groups.

What is worse, the photos don't show up at the top of my wall - they did before, but I had to log out of facebook and close my browser, and when I logged in again the photos no longer showed up at the top of my wall. But this can't be anything to do with the re-uploading and deleting of the Album, because it happened before I had re-uploaded and deleted the Album. I've no idea what is causing this.

They do show up on the wall on my business Page. What's going on?
outbackyak
outbackyak
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:36 pm

outbackyak wrote:
Poke wrote:haha alright! Happy I will see what other things I can do to help you out with this problem, if the first solution does not work right! Wink Take your time with this as well.

Thanks for your help. I've just uploaded all the pictures again, only this time to my Page for my business, and I've got exactly the same problem - I can't share it with my friends or my groups. I've also re-uploaded them to my home page, and deleted the original Album - still got exactly the same problem - I can't share them with friends or groups.

What is worse, the photos don't show up at the top of my wall - they did before, but I had to log out of facebook and close my browser, and when I logged in again the photos no longer showed up at the top of my wall. But this can't be anything to do with the re-uploading and deleting of the Album, because it happened before I had re-uploaded and deleted the Album. I've no idea what is causing this.

They do show up on the wall on my business Page. What's going on?

Do you mind if i add you as a facebook to see what the problem is? Then I would remove us as friends. Let me know if thats alright with you!
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by outbackyak Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Poke wrote:

Do you mind if i add you as a facebook to see what the problem is? Then I would remove us as friends. Let me know if thats alright with you!

Sure, but how do we do that - can I PM you my Facebook name? Not sure if I want to put it on an open forum.

outbackyak
outbackyak
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Pm is better.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down